Lootboxes and Gacha will be regulated or banned in Spain

sbcnews.co.uk/esports-fantasy/2021/03/18/spain-launches-public-consultation-on-tricky-loot-box-judgement/
igamingbusiness.com/spains-dgoj-launches-consultation-on-loot-box-ban/
>"Spanish gambling regulator the Dirección General de Ordenación del Juego (DGOJ) has opened a consultation asking whether loot boxes should require new regulation, be regulated as gambling products or prohibited entirely."

Will this be the beginning of the end for games with lootboxes and gacha in europe?

I may understand how games with lootboxes might deal with the regulation if it ever happens, but how gacha games like genshin impact will deal with that?

Attached: file.png (882x1025, 1.03M)

Based, gachaniggers will hang.

>hate when the state gets invovled and regulated every fucking thing
>but they need to limit do shit like this because of retards
it's all so troublesome

Why can't we just ban all microtransactions and dlc?
game quality would drasticly improve

Attached: 1652072548159.png (1106x1012, 725.96K)

This is already happened 2 years ago in The Netherlands and Belgium, it made sure I will never unbox another crate in TF2 and waste a key

considering how fucking shit its the goverment here i'm surprised they dont just add a tax to give the goverment 90% of profit from lootboxes

>expecting one of the most corrupt country in europe do something about gambling
Nah, that wont happen.
I mean, did you see the sea of gambling houses ads in every soccer match?

Gambling is a Sin

>overregulation
Regulation doesn't do shit. The government has no power. Corporations have been running trains on the asses of the public without lube for decades. Fuck em

europe is a declining market, they might be able to get away with this shit for now but it won't be for long

>I may understand how games with lootboxes might deal with the regulation if it ever happens, but how gacha games like genshin impact will deal with that?
They will simply sell the skins just like League of Legends does.
I have no fucking idea how gacha games will deal with that tho.

>opened a consultation asking whether loot boxes should require new regulation, be regulated as gambling products or prohibited entirely
Nothing will be decided and they will quietly forget about it as usual.

so is lust, greed and pride, among other

That was only Belgium, an example is Fire Emblem Heroes not being available in Belgium anymore while it's still available in The Netherlands.

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a dutchie and I still open lootboxes I get from OW and can buy them I think.

>Corporations have been running trains on the asses of the public without lube for decades

If that were true, why would they regulate out their own product?

part of that is corporations fighting regulations whenever possible so they can freely run trains

Based
Gatchadvirgin will be seething

Spain is currently under a commie party meaning meaning the chances of being banned are higher.

why would they?

Why would they what?

I said that if corpos control government, it doesn't make sense for them to regulate their own business practice out of countries.

Latinxers have poor impulse control

I'm a retard. I didn't read what you said properly.

Behind loot boxes and gacha are the Yakuza and other organised criminal organisations. The United States tried prohibition, and they lost badly. How bad do you think things are going to be when horsegirl moonshine becomes a thing?

Attached: 003_d294b91f.png (436x600, 312.79K)

Saw on the news that regulation might be coming to Sweden as well.

DLC shouldn't be banned but should have more rules/meet a certain standard. DLC existed before horse armor and before that expansions to shit you had to own and some of the best content was made that way because it was designed with all the hindsight of the main games success in mind. Day one/locked on disc content should be a crime though.

It's going to get regulated everywhere but burgerland due to their hardon for free market and child murder. Prove me wrong.

Attached: zelda.jpg (630x478, 51.29K)

Good. Fuck jews, usury is a sin.

>Will this be the beginning of the end for games with lootboxes and gacha in europe?
And give up CSGO?
not likely

Renaming gambling to gaming is the number one reason for everyone to stop using the words "gamer" and "gaming". Every time I hear someone talk about a new successful "gaming" company in my country, I get just a bit enraged and having to explain it makes it worse.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 22-47-43 Global online gambling industry size 2009-2024 Statista.png (961x566, 74.9K)