Beat her with mimic after 3 whole days of feeling like I barely made progress and then bitterly finished the game but...

>beat her with mimic after 3 whole days of feeling like I barely made progress and then bitterly finished the game but left a sour taste in my mouth
>even with mimic I felt like I barely made it and wasn't in control
>went on to play ds3 instead, steam rolling through all the bosses
>except the DLC bosses which felt like the perfect kind of tough bosses, where you first get your shit pushed in and they seem impossible at first but with each try you learn their rhythm and get a bit better, never once felt angry or bitter despite how tedious Friede could be
>decide to go back to my pre Malenia save and give another fair try, maybe I was just burned out on the late game slog
>still an absolutely miserable experience
I still can't decide if I'm just filtered or if she's just poorly designed

Attached: 1654105391990.jpg (1600x900, 128.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r-JBLfVFKiE
youtu.be/Dry58d9OxkI?t=19137
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AsfZ8WLKQ
youtu.be/XL5KELx8R-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I beat her relatively quickly at first, I used mimic only on the second phase. I think that was during the update where her healing was patched by accident.
You just can't let her hit you or she heals. So if you normally tank hits this fight sucks.
My second favourite boss after Orphan of Kos.

Literally just learn to parry. Half of her combo starters are extremely easy to parry, and most of her special attacks are punishable with a fully charged r2. Bring cold pots for waterfowl, or learn how to dodge it without bloodhound. Or just bloodhound, its way easier.

Nah, Elden ring is shit. I could go in detail as of why but I'm too lazy to do that.

she's pretty bs if you don't parry

Learn how to deal with her Waterfowl attack (look it up if you have too). It's her only attack that is really problematic, the rest of her moves are pretty easy in comparison.

nobody cares what you think

only real danger she poses is waterfowl. without that move she's probably equal to pontiff in difficulty.

ER boss design is miserable. They are either unfun whitlwinds if damage that require you to carefully time 20 seconds of dodges just to press r1 once, or you just bruteforce your way thru with Mimic and they just break, leaving you unsatisfied

Can you parry all attacks? I can't get the timing right half of the time.

What about the one where she goes in the air for a second that's not waterfowl?

OK I'm trying now and got a few parries in a row.

Even with bloodhound step I still get caught in some of the waterfowl.

youtu.be/r-JBLfVFKiE

waterfowl has to be the most trial and error horseshit move in the entire series, i genuinely don't understand what the fuck they were thinking. it's such a cool boss otherwise

I love malenia

Attached: blooms.png (785x1015, 660.17K)

Just use river of blood, you can prevent a ton of her attacks and remember to run when she starts the second phase. Also save your mimic for the second phase.

How does he so much damage from the get go with single hits? I have 75 dex, +25 weapon and only do chip damage to her.

Like I said in op I already beat her with the mimic. I want to try and beat her without mimic or other cheese tactics like rob and pots. She should be beatable with any kind of builds if she were well designed.

heres how i dealth with waterfowl
youtu.be/Dry58d9OxkI?t=19137
the first flurry you can either block or run away if you have the distance

Gigachad.

God damn Any Forums is terrible at video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AsfZ8WLKQ

I beat her with a mimic and swarm of flies before it got nerfed.

Attached: 1629749513742.png (960x1041, 270.77K)

tiche is superior to mimic for this fight because she dodges like crazy and doesn't let malenia heal as easily

Does this look to you guys not proactive enough? or not consistent? or not fun? or unfair?
youtu.be/XL5KELx8R-E

The problem with all of these complains is that most of the time they're just simply not legitimate. You can be very active in the fight, there is less waiting with her than with any other boss in the game

Feels like there's such a delay when you try to parry its so non intuitive in this game

How many hours of training to get to this level?