For better or worse, why was this shit so infliuential? There were a million open world games before

For better or worse, why was this shit so infliuential? There were a million open world games before

Attached: 1622396868188.png (2580x1080, 3.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1250924/d297af0f2c/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

5% paraglider, 95% zelda branding.

Attached: 2141421242.jpg (5144x3856, 1.62M)

I loved botw and did 3 playthroughs, and I'm still right

Who is crying?

Sonic Frontiers would have sucked regardless.

Doesn’t/v/ go on and on about how it didn’t influence anything though?

>another botw schizo thread
Embarrassing

Just some autists and it's easy to ignore them. Even Elden Ring was obviously influenced as fuck by it, just as it was by previous Zeldas before according to Hacakazki himself

>There were a million open world games before
How many of them in Nintendo Consoles?

BOTW was the second open world game I have ever played, the first one being OOT

+Timing
+Normie appeal
+Relatively unique aesthetic
+Promise of a better game
Oh and $$$$$$$ made
All those reasons is why it's copied and copied and copied

I envy you. Play Fallout 3 and New Vegas, though

Elden Ring doesn't count, Miyazaki is a Zelda fanatic like Taro

With exception of GTA, those millions of Open World games never made the traversal actually engaging.

The open world games before took the GTA III route of having an open world to play around in, but forcing you to go to Point A on the map to start a scripted sequence of events to progress the story. GTA III was very influential, but it and its copycats and sequels did not really use its open world for the main game. BotW changed this up to where the environment is part of the main game and not just a playground that you distract yourself with between missions.

Devs always look at what Zelda does and if it's successful it's basically vidya gospel.

collective brainrot i guess, it's really nothing special

Redditors love cell shading

BING
BING
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I did play Fallout 1 and 2, they were kino but are they truly open world? They are more like tabletop games.

Nobody actually copies the good things about it, they just copy the aesthetics.

Because open world is about exploration and what set BotW apart from other open world games was not having the map full of icons and quest trackers.
It's what all good games with open worlds do, it's not even a secret. I mean go play Zelda 1, it's basically the same principle (but better because of the dungeons)

The game takes a back missteps that were done with modern Zelda games like TP and especially SS.
Short cutscene, Link wakes up and then you get to play the game and just do shit.
>What's that over there?
>Go over there and find out, idiot

Also climbing towers didn't result in getting a bunch of icons vomitted on your map.
It just allowed you to get a good view of the map and you had to find points of interests yourself. It's great
No, that's just what braindead drones think whenever someone points out flaws of the game and they post something like It's the typical Any Forums mindest like "shit game = everything about it has to be bad".
Just because it has flaws doesn't mean it's shit.

Care put into the details.
Read the Masterworks: exhentai.org/g/1250924/d297af0f2c/ (safe for work)

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x1780, 328.54K)

>GTA III was very influential
You are about to be attacked by
>Driver fans
>Shenmue fans
>special snowflakes that watched a playthrough of Mizzurna Falls on Youtube

It was a game that truly rewarded exploration and made you feel like you were an adventurer on a quest exploring this land, rather than a video game character checking off boxes on a task list. For like the first three hours than you saw there wasn't really much to find.

Nah typical Any Forums mindset is more like 'if it's made by nintendo then it's the worst game ever'

>BotW changed this up to where the environment is part of the main game and not just a playground that you distract yourself with between missions.
BotW changed it up by just deleting everything.
Fucking around in the open world is the main game, the "main scenario" is just some side mission where you just go into the big castle and get a gear check.

Endlessly, but Any Forums also can't help comparing every fucking game to BotW either.

>go over there and find out
As an illustration of how critical this concept is, look at how Immortals Fenix Rising bungled this.
You climb to the top of a statue and reveal the world, then you play a first-person vision minigame to reveal as many invisible icons as you can, which is tedious, clutters up your map, and spoils the secret treasures. Now you are motivated to fly as directly as possible to the treasure ignoring the actual world and enemies.

This shit has ruined video games for half a decade. Fuck Zelda and everyone that thinks botw was good.

SPBP

>This shit has ruined video games for half a decade
It's literally a zelda skinned ubishit game

Entirely physics driven gameplay the likes never seen before in gaming since Half Life 2? No idea OP.

Attached: 1653226146742.jpg (647x543, 17.76K)

Cry about it, nigger

Part of the appeal of BotW is that you do as much or as little of the main game as you want and in whatever order. I hope they lean more into it for the sequel and better-link the outcomes of the game’s story to what you actually did during your playthrough.

No, that's just another excuse for fanboys that developed in recent years by using SJW tactics, they just play the victim.
>game sucks
>drones defend shitty game/practice
>"Any Forums just hates Nintendo!"
>autism makes people discuss how/why it's shit or how/why it isn't shit for 2 years after game release

You also have idiots who take shitposts/baits 100% seriously, posts like

fuck you faggot ass

>Fuck Zelda
I seriously don't understand how people can shit on this series. If Zelda is not good then what is? I genuinely want to know what people like you enjoy

Yeah but nobody is copying that part for some reason. Probably because they're hacks. "Chemistry engine" should've been a paradigm shift in game design, but instead everyone took the most superficial aspects of BotW.

>towers equal ubisoft
Ubisoft open world games have more in common with GTA than BotW.