Physical games are going extinct and I hate it

Physical games are going extinct and I hate it

Attached: 1632514050660.png (1283x971, 237.26K)

yes i'm sure all that steam shovelware "developers" who can barely afford that 80 bucks entrance fee could do physical releases

you know climate change is a huge problem, right? the process of creating these discs and cartridges and the logistics of getting them to every major retailer all over the world is hell on our ecosystem.

new games suck anyway so it's fine

>ars technica

The chart is for console releases.

You could always petition to be able to buy an NFT of a game so it would feel like you own it. I'm sure the CEOs would love to be able to sell those.

That's because there's millions of shitty indie/mobile game trash coming out every month. Check the new release page for both Xbox and PSN stores, 90% of it is shovelware.

Have you seen the garbage filled indie stores on console? Worse than steam.

Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20220601-101904_PS App.jpg (1078x6449, 1.87M)

this is why I'm building a PC

Good. Fuck wasting space with useless plastic.

The problem with digital games it that they cost as much as physical, despite not having cost with materials/transport.

well same thing really just a bit less garbage. i doubt that chart counts something like switch eshop but that's full of absolute shovelware. not that other consoles digital stores aren't but it's more prominent there.
it's just way cheaper to publish digitally

bit rot will condemn all these tons of plastic to millennia in a landfill
good riddance

Statistics like this are always stupid as fuck because they'll take this graph and make headlines saying "NO ONE WANTS PHYSICAL GAMES ANYMORE" without clarifying that many games don't have physical releases anymore. So it's not that people don't want them, it's that they simply don't let us even though we do. And then of course, the company wants a feedback loop where they pay journalists to write this shit so it looks like they're giving power to the players™ by not releasing physical copies anymore.

I fucking hate how disingenuous our brave new world is. Everything you see on the news/media/whatever is a fucking lie these days. But then again, it was probably always like that. The media exists to tell people what their opinion is, and the average stupid fuck will read an article and go "Now this is my opinion too"

I remember a long time ago when that Amazing Spiderman 2 game was coming out, I went to see a movie with my friends and one of them asked me about it. "Dude you can swing webs by using each trigger for each arm. It's fucking revolutionary." And then I asked where he heard that it was revolutionary, and he said he saw it on the internet. And then I asked what he thought was revolutionary about it and couldn't answer. We all thought it was funny, and he was like "Yeah okay, I got duped," but then I realized that some people are actually unironically that easily swayed by marketing.

Attached: will smith breaks the fourth wall and looks at the camera reprehensively.webm (488x318, 235.46K)

which is why physical was so based because most games drop in price dramatically after they've been out for 6 months. after a year forget about it. Meanwhile Xbox and PLaystation keep 5+ year old games at full price on their digital storefront. Sure games go on sale but if you miss it they go back to full price and you have to pray you get the next sale.

>materials/transport.
like $5 at most

>The problem with digital games it that they cost as much as physical
paying for games is optional

That's why they're gonna be a gold mine in 10 years.

>tanks vs tanks
Sounds like kino

I will never buy a digital license to a game

this. Keeping my og xbox games for this sole reason. I dont even have the xbox anymore