Linux Gaming Thread

what video games have you been playing on your Linux machine recently?

Attached: Tux.png (265x314, 11.63K)

>AMD > nShitia and Incel
>GNOME > KekDE
>Debian based > all other distros
that is all

fpbp as usual

Duke Nukem 3D
Cool. Is GNOME somehow best for gaming in particular or are you just ignoring the topic?

>posts on Any Forums
>expects threads to stay on topic
Are you from Reddit by chance?

>posts on Any Forums
>doesn't want to discuss video games
>"DUDE STAYING ON TOPIC IS LE OTHER WEBSITE LOL"
The Linux thread on /vr/ is about video games. I don't know why Any Forums can't manage this.

Threadly reminder that Linux will never be good except Android even then its proprietary.

Attached: problem.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Too late, I already installed Linux.

All kinds, nothing Linux native ATM. I'm in the mode for gaming but stuff don't seem to hold my attention for too long lately. I've got ~15 hours in KotOR 2 but it tends to crash a lot and I don't if it's a wine issue or just how the game is. Also recently I got the urge to see what God of War is like so running that with RPCS3 emulator.

i use pop os btw

Post games

Attached: 220529_211426.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Reddit based
I didn't ask.

maybe I will

Attached: Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders | GZDoom g4.7.1 | Linux Mint 20.3.png (1920x1080, 600.02K)

>game works
>update Wine
>game no longer works
This has happened to me multiple times already and I only switched to Linux 2 years ago.
Does Wine really get regressions this frequently or is my system cursed?

I don't know how often Wine has regressions, but there are known cases of games working best with older Proton versions (e.g. see image). Fortunately it's a non-issue because Steam lets you select older stable Proton versions on a per-game basis. I think PlayOnLinux and maybe Lutris may also facilitate the use of older Wine versions for specific games.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 13-01-22 ProtonDB Game Details for Painkiller Black Edition.png (1237x991, 436.95K)

v rising
its grindy and im losing motivation to keep playing

Attached: 2022-05-30-22:24:58-screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

it can happen,but it's relatively rare for older software,though id say to use bottles or lutris to keep it stable if that keeps happening.

No Marvins.
No Mittens.
No Linux.

I didn't ask.

Attached: Hexen: Beyond Heretic | GZDoom g4.7.1 | Linux Mint 20.3.png (1920x1080, 625.98K)

>what is Lutris
Bottles is supposedly something similar as well

Attached: Screenshot_2022-06-01_19-16-26.png (628x197, 16.92K)

>cant even use raytracing with my rtx card
so this is the power of linux gaming?

Attached: 1642935652979.png (2560x1440, 3.6M)

have you tried PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI=1 or your wine's equivalent?

I'm actually seriously thinking of moving to Linux. Because I'll be getting a new 24Gb VRAM GPU this year and plan on going autistic with training some neural networks.

How are faggots having such a hard time with Linux? I have been running and gaming on PopOS for a year and haven’t had a single problem except for Nioh not playing the cut scenes. Are people just retarded or lying about it?

playing through the starcraft 2 campaigns

Your turn to die, Linux thread.

Attached: YTTD.png (1194x991, 639.71K)

im using heroic launcher with proton experimental, do you know where I would put that?

I don't know why you're replying to me with this. Who is retarded and who is lying? It's just a fact that sometimes games stop working with a newer Wine or Proton version (don't ask for an example because I gave one already), and considering there's an obvious solution (using an older one), this isn't a case of anyone "having such a hard time".

if its proton experimental you should be able to add that env var somewhere alongside the launch arguments
never used heroic launcher but if you can add launch args like steam it'd go there in some form

I played and enjoyed Origin, but haden't played Oath Yet.

Attached: 220601_132803.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)