I'm looking to start a jRPG but I do not want to bother learning new mechanics...

I'm looking to start a jRPG but I do not want to bother learning new mechanics. I just finished Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers. Is FFVII worth jumping to next?

I started Tales of Arise but the battle system doesn't feel comfy and it has too many cut scenes for now to enjoy

Attached: final fantasy.jpg (474x612, 36.33K)

>it has too many cutscenes
>i wanna play jrpgs
I dont understand how can you stomach battle transitions and endless text but tje complain about cutscenes in modern rpgs

I mean yeah if any old turn based dog shit will do, OP sure play FF7.

Attached: peak gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

>Selects basic attack
>Character does a basic attack
>"wooooooow"

what is your point

I enjoy arcades and platformers just as much as the next guy, but I want an adventure with story every now and then

FF9 is 1000x better so go play that one.

>Selects basic attack
>Selects
the absolute state of turn based fags

Most remasters nowadays have fast forward options

FFVII's mechanics are very intuitive and similar to Chrono Cross, with spells that are obtained through items and allocated into slots. It has a lot of long cutscenes, but by JRPG standards it's pretty fast paced and easy to beat in under 30 hours (you probably won't your first time, though)

Mind explaining what's wrong with good ol' fashioned turn based combat?

FFVII is one of the definitive video games and JRPGs especially.
It's relatively simple to get into, but has enough customization options and side content to keep more experienced players entertained for quite some time.

Atmosphere-wise, the game's still top notch.

>I'm looking to start a jRPG but I do not want to bother learning new mechanics
Dragon Quest. It's the bread and butter of JRPGs and the most famous one in Japan. Either DQ8 or DQ11.

ADHD Souls x FortNite kids lack patience, intelligence, or even will to put any effort into games these days.

I have finished DQ I and DQXI already

Okay then.
>FF7
>FF8
>FF9
>FF10
Those are all good FFs. If you want one without 3D Graphics:
>FF4
>FF5
>FF6
I highly recommend 4 for not 3D and 10 for 3D.

>Everything has to be a third person action game
>Selecting things off of a menu is inherently bad
Yeah no, I'd rather be a turn based fag than have every game genre become the same thing. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop sharing your opinions.

>intelligence
>effort
Yeah setting that cursor memory and spamming grenades sure is rough.

>I'm looking to start a jRPG but I do not want to bother learning new mechanics.
?
>Tales of Arise has too many cutscenes!!11!
>how about I play a literal moviegame next bros?
You disgusted me at first but now I can only feel some mild repulsion and pity because you're clearly one of those poor mentally impaired sods

Because I can blitz through text dialog a lot faster than I can listening to poorly acted cutscenes.
Also most modern JRPG cutscenes are just repetition of information you already know and serve no purpose other than to bloat the games length.

Also because JRPGs have an insanely higher word count in 2022 than they did back in 1995.
FF7 for instance is only ~45,000-50,000 words long for the entire stories script.
Tales of Arise is roughly 200,000-210,000 words long for the entire stories script.
Both only take ~35 hours to beat on your first play through, maybe a bit longer for Tales.

>og FF7
>literal moviegame
lmao this place is rotted your brain.

Then theres no reason to play it if you want to blitz through dialogue
Whats the point

>implying you beat the game