Pokeball has shadow but trees and foliage don't

>Pokeball has shadow but trees and foliage don't
>Ground is just a giant stretched image of blurry brown shit
>Pre-existing engine and functions already built so all work with the game should be making it look as nice as possible
>highest grossing media franchise of all time
>you allow it to look like this
enjoy playing the same game for the literal 11th time as well as buying it three times, twice on release and once when a better version with grimbo scrimbo the legendary cat is on the cover and theres 4 new monsters in that one

Attached: Poke.png (1277x681, 1.2M)

who gives a shit. when has a pokemon game ever used state of the art graphics? they've always looked like shit compared to everything else at the time.

>highest grossing media franchise of all time
>you allow it to look like this
There's indie games made by one dude in his moms basement ON the same hardware that looks better than this

The early games were state of the art dumbfuck.

nigga they were in black and white. the NES had better graphics than this.

Attached: maxresdefault-7-1.jpg (640x576, 42.28K)

Past mistakes don't justify future ones.
This is the biggest media franchise of all time. It could at least look the fucking part.

Gen 1 and 2 games were a technical marvel.

we shouldn't have left the almost-perfected pixel art of Gen 5, the silly-ass looping idle animations aside that gen looks miles better than what the later 3D has to offer

Disingenuous cunt.
Pokemon looked better than most Gameboy games.

>it's always been shit so you can't criticise it
Cope

Pokemons graphics have not always been shit but it started to fall behind on the GBA and by the DS it did look like shit. It's certainly no recent phenomenon.

>Home console has better graphics than a handheld
Wow no way

this has to be a fucking joke, this looks like a toddler made it

I fins it hilarious that Pokemon will sell gangbusters no matter what while Any Forums sits here screeching about TF2

here's a more "fair" comparison. a game from 1991 on a competing handheld.

my point is that the graphics were never important in Pokemon compared to the actual gameplay lol. kids playing this latest game do not give a shit what it looks like.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 164.07K)

i thought diamond and pearl were fine, whatever came after that looked dated for the time and the franchise has stayed that way ever since

GB/GBC ones were state of the art for their respective handhelds. It's GBA where they started cutting corners and after DS they gave up entirely.
3DS ones aren't the best looking games on that system, they look decent though just plagued with technical issues and lazyness and then Switch ones are just pure garbage.

Not remotely fair. Game freak had to use the hardware that Nintendo let them use.

>720p stretched image of a game gear game
Your opinion on any subject is worth nothing

personally i think we should compare Gen 2 and not Gen 1 since that's the pair of games more fully realized than what could basically be an experiment let out into the wild
And you know what? To me it doesn't look as good as other games at the time but the creativity and passion with what they had is on equal footing if not off the charts desu
But why are we dwelling on old news when we have a new problem to talk about - how the fuck are people allowing the latest games to look like such ASS? X and Y was an awkward first step I can forgive that looked good in some places and bad in others, and Sun and Moon had some nice creativity and passable graphics, if not fully realized, but then it all takes a fucking nosedive afterwards

Attached: lecrow.jpg (611x628, 134.81K)

Attached: fixed.png (160x144, 40.16K)

taller