Remember when this series was criticism on consumerism with about how everyone was egocentric and selfish?

Remember when this series was criticism on consumerism with about how everyone was egocentric and selfish?

Remember when Ratchet was a hot blooded mechanic who just wanted to explore the universe because of how he was stranded on Veldin his entire life?

Remember when we had good villains like Drek from RC and Qwark from GC?

Look at how shit this series is now. Now it's about Ratchet trying to be a "space ranger" and how he is the "chosen one" and "the last of his kind" even though we saw other Lombax like Angela Cross. Instead we have Hollywood Ratchet having a crush with some stupid genderswap version of himself from another dimension with dialogue so painfully awkward and cringy to the point where it's insulting.

When did this series go so wrong?

Attached: fuck the new ratchet games.jpg (1058x523, 221.63K)

bro, it's just a kids game

New R&C was disappointing. Fans and Journos gave it a ton of slack. Insomniac is Sony’s best studio too, and they still can’t deliver.

>Insomniac is Sony’s best studio too
absolutely not

R&C2016 is fucking horrible and I am tired of pretending it is not.

they absolutely are

They make the most generic, bottom of the barrel games. Their last good game was Ratchet Deadlocked, before that, Ratchet 1. They haven't made anything above midding in over 15 years.

Bro shut the fuck up and stop whining. Do you always want things to stay the same forever
>WAAAAHHHH why is this thing not like how it was 15 years ago. I'm scared of progression and change
At least it's different and not stale. Boring ass motherfucker

The OG Rachet games were rated T for Teen, faggot. Even then, A fucking kids game shouldn't be so intrusive that they think the player is a retard.

>R&C2016 is fucking horrible
It was a pretty decent game, the fuck are you on?

>changing a series for the sake of it is "progression"
Not all change is good you fucking retard.

Tell me a better first party Studio or fuck off. They’re the only studio that doesnt have 4-5 year gaps between their games.

Dare I say there isn't a single bad Ratchet game

Insomniac is their best first party studio.

Sonys best games are second + third party Japanese games. Such as nier, bloodborne, death stranding, and persona 5.

Don’t tell me you think Santa Monica or naughty dog are their best. Those studios are mid.

>Reboot Ratchet is a naïve retard who wants to become a space ranger, enjoyes being called rookie, and clearly idolizes absolute retards like Quark

I thought it was fun, but the story was so fucking boring. I also hate how R&C has basically become a TPS with platforming instead of a platformer with some shooting elements, it's so boring now.

bump

The series is no longer for people who liked the original games. It's now for people who watch Twitch streamers and those deranged "they look sooooooo good together" posters.

I just miss when ratchet had at least some kind of edge to him. Fuck ever since uya they've made him more hero like.

Now you might be wondering why I'm not including GC in the mix that's because he came off more like a mercenary than anything else, he was definitely nicer then in the first game but still wasn't stuck on being nice all the time either

Then they made him generic hero number 9000 and the new games are everything the old ones mocked being

>Instead we have Hollywood Ratchet having a crush with some stupid genderswap version of himself
Except he doesn't since Ratchet is canonically in love with someone who's not a lombax. The thing between Ratchet and Rivet is merely akward friendship.

>muh consumerism meme
Can we finally fuck off with this?
Also Qwark was a shit villain in GC and the ps4 reboot and RA both suck cock

I think Rivet's basic concept - parallel version of Ratchet who's a rebel against a dictatorship - could've worked well with the tone and style of the old games.

>Remember when this series was criticism on consumerism with about how everyone was egocentric and selfish?

no i don't remember when it was criticism on consumerism

i do remember being excited to buy the hot new toystation 2 so i could play the hot new game where i collect currency to buy fun weapons that are invaluable tools in saving the world so that it con continue basically as it was without 1 bad apple character ruining it

I never saw anyone anywhere talk about anti-consumerism satire in RaC until that British fuck made his video on and now you cunts won’t shut up about it.

>parallel version of Ratchet who's a rebel against a dictatorship
That sounds extremely basic and dull.

consumerism is when i go to the garage and the man wont fix my car for free

>unfunny
>characters are now horrible 1D caricatures of themselves
>gameplay lacks all nuance of older titles
>far less content than original

There is absolutely nothing decent about it except the graphics