What other games are in medias res too hermetic?

What other games are in medias res too hermetic?

Attached: deathloop.png (797x612, 83.21K)

FF7 -- replaying it recently you can tell they're instantly trying to tell a bunch of different stories and the tiny shards of history doesn't work to keep mystery going, it's more like scattered confusion. still the best game ever

Deathloop

Is this some westoid dev creating terms or what

>Is this some westoid dev creating terms or what
No, both of the parts of the phrase are regular academic terms (in medias res is a term from narratology, hermetics are term from philosophy).
This guy just uses them wrong, presumably because he heard them each in a separate context and misunderstood them, and thought it will make him sound smart.

If someone I knew wrote this I'd assume they were having a stroke. It's possible he's just baiting on Twitter for someone to ask him to explain wtf that means, he thinks that interaction will make him look smart.

The fucking irony is, what he meant by "in medias res too hermetic" is that the game throws a lot of unknown made-up jargon at the player all at once. That's the flaw he decided to name in medias res too hermetic.

He's using in media res properly, no idea what he means by hermetic though

It's just an extremely pseud way of saying things are too esoteric and hard to follow.

>what he meant by "in medias res too hermetic" is that the game throws a lot of unknown made-up jargon at the player all at once
That is not what the phrase means.

>He's using in media res properly
I don't think he is, because for it to be used properly, it would have to be used sensible context. Hell, in medias res is not a noun, so I'm absolutely certain he is using it wrong.
I haven't played Deathloop myself, it's possible it starts in medias res, again I'm fairly certain this guy realized what it really means.

>It's just an extremely pseud way of saying things are too esoteric and hard to follow.
Not really. Hermetic has actually two separate, clearly defined meanings, and neither of them is what you claim it is.

His explanation

Attached: deathloop2.png (797x760, 447.44K)

See? Told you the guy does not know meaning of EITHER of these terms.

A former coworker described Adrian as a lying sociopath that thinks he's hot shit because he made Painkiller like 20 years ago.

Nigger better not play E.Y.E or his pea brain will melt

I think he's confusing hermetic with esoteric. What a fuckwit

i haven't played this game but the words are highlighted so i assuming the game tells you exactly what they mean beforehand

I played a few hours of Deathloop. These are easy to understand
>lead
What the game calls missions or quests
>Ubiquity
The name of a quest
>Infusion
An ability reward for completing the Ubiquity mission.
>when you want to follow a Lead, be sure to track it to activate its markers and interface guidance
To do the quest, select it from the menu and GPS markers will float for you to mindlessly follow to complete the mission.

No I don’t give a shit that he made a single good game decades ago. A cunt on twitter is still a cunt on twitter, no matter the pedigree

Attached: cunts on twitter.jpg (828x821, 227.01K)

Painkiller is not a good game.

I have never played deathloop and can tell the game is just telling you how to follow storylines/quests.

FF13

The game does start in media res but after seeing his explanation he definitely doesn't know what either term means

what? painkiller is kind of fun

Ayo this nigga posting his review on twitter lmao

He made Painkiller?

Attached: Teenagent.jpg (300x381, 32.08K)