Was he right?

Was he right?

Attached: fun.png (730x403, 320.93K)

100%. there's no other reason to play video games, they're an entertainment medium, not serious business

He could be, but it still doesn't explain fucking Wii Music.

Attached: 1639660740316.png (792x928, 404.51K)

Nintendo makes the most boringest, broad market appeal games though

Unironically why I stopped playing Elden Ring. Felt like I was doing chores more than having fun.

the actual words he's saying are correct, but the real sentiment he's expressing (that certain games are objectively "not fun") is just a cope people use to hide "I wish this game was easier" behind some kind of informed position instead of just someone being mad because they're bad

He is. Nintendo games aren't fun though.

This, if the game isn't fun for (you) then just move on and find something else.

Doesn't explain BOTW being 90% copypasta.

I know right? They'd never have a.good game like cyberpunk or last of us on that garbage baby toy. It's only for NPCs who don't play real videogames

Video games aren't that limited in scope.
For an arcade-like game then yes, fun is absolutely the most important factor.
But for other genres, it may be unimportant or even entirely absent yet still have a good game.
For example, you may have a game that's not particularly "fun" but is enjoyable because of its well crafted story or setting. For example, I don't really like any of the gameplay aspects of Planescape: Torment but I still think it's a good game because the story and writing carry it.
You can also have comedy games that are funny rather than fun, or horror games that aren't fun but succeed in being scary or unnerving.

In conclusion, a game can be good if it is enjoyable, and fun is merely one of the possible ways a game might be enjoyable.

>It's not the same game, it's not the same content.

Attached: 818xgUubVbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1050x1493, 235.46K)

Depends, does playing something like Silent Hill 2 with tortured James scrambling around the quiet misty town haunted by his regret and all count as fun? To me it doesn't but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. Same goes for getting my shit pushed in in any game that is hard. Reggie should have used enjoyable instead of fun,

For the most part, as it depends on what your definition of "fun" is.
Pic related isn't fun, yet I'm glad it exists.

Attached: pathologic-2-easy-mode-playthrough-1.jpg (1920x1080, 185.25K)

What is enjoying something if you aren't having fun with it?

well I play games without guides because they're more fun to me that way. it doesn't really affect me if some rando on the internet does the opposite

Nah, I'd say being scared is a type of fun. You're deliberately giving yourself adrenaline for the thrill of it, like a roller-coaster.

>that's not particularly "fun" but is enjoyable
if a game is enjoyable then I would consider it fun

some games are intentionally designed to make you feel anxious or tedious, I wouldn't call them fun, but they can still be enjoyable.
see SH2 isn't even scary though, so it doesn't even give you adrenaline. It's just disturbing

The Wii U had the worst generic box art i've ever seen and it will never not piss me off.