Game teaches you that good things happen if you do a certain thing

>Game teaches you that good things happen if you do a certain thing
>Suddenly punishes you for it out of nowhere
Dogshit game design, literally abusive towards the player. The only kind of person who thinks this is good design is a lifelong victim who has been beaten as a child. They love to defend their abusers, a sign of their weakness. Strong people will agree.

Attached: mimic.gif (500x349, 983.19K)

I might kill him and the bitch thread # ectectect

>Suddenly punishes you for it out of nowhere
It's teaching you the new mechanic.
Not everything that seems good is actually a good thing.
It can be a disguised death trap.

But your single braincell probably couldn't remember 2 teachings at once.

I told him dont spoil a good thing and won a lifetime bbc algorithm

mimics are an awfully old concept, they're literally DnD monsters.

>You must have knowledge of some gay nerd shit from outside the game then it's obvious!
Even worse.

>loots other people's property for his own profit
>gets punished for it
Don't see the issue here.

>punishes you
You're being introduced to a new mechanic and being told to be patient and use your eyes.

>Introduction to a new mechanic is inescapable death

You are black aren't you

>inescapable
For vigorlets that don't spam R1 and L2, maybe.
>you must have knowledge
I wonder how this guy figured out you must have a talisman to use miracles, or a staff to use magic, how the skeletons + necromancers worked without being stuck in an infinite loop, Bed of Chaos and everything.

>Mutt's law
Actually rent free

Attached: gwyndolin3.jpg (670x900, 179.79K)

>die once
>learn to smack chests or spot the chain difference
OP you don't have to let mimics live rent free in your head for years.

if you look at the chain you can tell which ones are mimics and which aren't. ezpz

>no mask on

>wow trap is sudden and punishing me
so its a trap

Yeah, if only there was messages people could write to warn you, and telltale signs that show that it's a mimic, or items to circumvent waking it while getting the item, or buttons you can mash to get out of it quicker

It breathes loudly and visually, and they show up well after the game teaches you to pay attention to detail.

Literally just smack every chest you see. That's how I did it.

>first mimic is in a place riddled with traps
lol

>I don't want any surprises, I want the game to just be consistently easy so I dont have to try or learn how to apart to a new concept.

You're literally retarded.

Death isn’t that bad of a punishment in the game though. It’s a slight inconvenience. Are you ok mate?

why does it let you go instead of keep chewing?

>Death isn’t that bad of a punishment
????????????

Adapt* hell, I just woke up, so maybe I'm the retard.

They needed to be able to get a freebie on you, if they made it super obvious mimics were mimics then there'd be no point to having them in the game. They already do enough with the chain difference/slight color difference and the fact that the mimic fucking visibly breaths every few seconds.

Regardless, unless you're a retard with super low health you probably won't die anyway.

>I'm so good at Dark Souls with my health bar that take up half the screen and enough poise to tank through a nuclear explosion
You didn't beat it

>die
>walk back 30 seconds
>nothing happened
?