Digital only consoles. Thoughts?

Attached: F92upZDZxUiuZkgTPgRyiH.jpg (400x400, 11.66K)

same as pc

waste of materials.

Orgies and executions

There's 0 reason for consoles to exist.

For modern games a disc is just a physical token of purchase, and the game has been shipped in a likely unplayable state. If games are no longer a complete product then I have no interest in the physical media.

You might think PC is better but YOUR PC isn't.

Consoles are exactly the same as PCs but worse, digital or not.

a gpu costs more than a console lmao

consoles give you more performance for the same games than pc cost ratio wise, this has been true for more than twenty years and is not debatable

Consoles help people who don't wanna spend 30 minutes tinkering with settings, download launchers or deal with OS' bullshit, just sit down and play

this. The only saving grace of consoles is that they still had physical discs.

>pay for the console
>pay for the required electricity and internet
>pay for online play
>on top of all that, pay to "buy" 1s and 0s at full price
>can't sell when you're done to recoup cost and don't even own them in any sense of the word
Absolute madness.

>pay for the console
>pay for the required electricity and internet
are you a legit communist or something? find better points to get angry at

only good if its jailbreakable

There is demand for affordable prebuilt plug and play gaming computer but consoles are just occupying this market niche with their brand power without providing the actual product.
Also consoles require way more tinkering to pirate games.
Every single PC I've ever owned combined cost less that your total spendings on 60$ AAA shit + deluxe upgrade + paid online + premium upgrade for paid online + tip + tax.

I buy AAA games for $15 on amazon lmao

Those are the bare minimum I'll pay for, and yes I believe the state should subsidize high-speed internet for every tax-paying resident as a human right.

has 0 to do with consoles lmao

Standardization of games? Cheaper than a single GPU? Has new games and millions of users? Isn't affected by Steam vs Epic Games? Has the best memories in gaming?

good luck with that once they do away with disks completely

People complaining about buying a $60 new game....so you either pirate the shit out of them or go to the fucking future where it's on sale cause you know ITS NEW

>digital-only console
>"[internet] has 0 to do with consoles lmao"

Attached: tenor (1).gif (128x128, 119.84K)

It is. You actually have to buy games for your console.

Kek

If I can buy discounted download codes from other stores like on PC then I'm fine with it.

I'll just buy drm-free games on gog for pc then, but it's going to take at least another decade before that happens, so I don't care as of now.

>hurr you have to pay for internet
>hurr you have to actual BUY the console
>hurr you have to PAY your electricity bill
you unironically sound like a crazy homeless person. this may come as a surprise but I can say the same shit about literally anything, I can say it about any electronic device made in the last century, I can even use this argument for a blender. it has nothing to do with video games, you sound legit insane

>Cheaper than a single GPU?
Nothing stops you from buying PC on credit if you want to waste money later for lower upfront cost.

>he doesn’t own a pedal blender

Oh nonono

>durpdurp day 1 patches exist therefore wave goodbye to all consumer rights hurphurp

Attached: 1601192198713.png (720x832, 967.3K)

>it has nothing to do with video games
It has everything to do with contrasting the unavoidable costs of video games with the unreasonable ones that get added on to it by making poor decision's.