Elden Ring is the hardest Souls game by far, if you don't summon. So no wonder it filtered half of Any Forums hard

Elden Ring is the hardest Souls game by far, if you don't summon. So no wonder it filtered half of Any Forums hard.

>noooo where's my press to win button???

Attached: melina 34.jpg (1223x1103, 98.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4PLemvim_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not fun if you summon
>not fun if you don't summon
they really outdid themselves this time

That's actually true, try beating malenia or radahn without summons

Even if you don't summon it's easy as fuck, just run in and mash and against anything slightly tough mash an ash of war.

>X game is the hardest if you turn off your monitor
Its just called shit balance. You can make any game hard with arbitrary rules

>no freckles on face and chest
BOOOO

The easy mode to souls games has always been going STR and wielding an UGS. The bonks stagger anything and deal tons of damage.

Can't wait for 4.03, bros...
youtube.com/watch?v=o4PLemvim_Y

>last third of the game is too hard without summons
>the entire game is a joke with summons

I mean they were hard but they weren't THAT hard. Pic-related was a for more painful experience for me and absolutely beats Fire Giant for being pure unadulterated cancer.

Attached: Laurence Sleeping.png (1241x1063, 2.36M)

All souls game are easy you just roll through everything, most boring ass gameplay ive played

>faraam armor
absolutely based

Attached: sotfs-chad.png (806x925, 543.88K)

What happened to that GB fag?

True statement, Malenia is the hardest Souls boss ever. Only a dozen people beat her without cheeses and exploits.

Really the thing was that in Dark Souls it was normal to spent hours or days learning a boss's patterns. Midir in particular basically meant you were committing to the long haul to take them down. It was OK for them to be hard because it made the game longer. Look at how much gaming discussions was just people in DS1 being stuck on that broom closet boss.

This game simply has so many bosses that losing two days on one feels like ass. If you clear the whole world, getting to Malenia is a place where you just feel it should be done. It's made worse by the fact many of the bosses you get stuck on aren't major bosses, but are stupid shit like that guy outside the beastial sanctum that you don't need to kill at all.

players don't even learn bosses' patterns in elden ring. katanas are the most used weapons by far, bleed is busted and players are even dual wielding them, making bosses just implode in seconds so they don't even see their moveset. if that wasn't enough, they're also using the mimic.

Stoned to death Alhamdulillah

Attached: 941.png (1242x1394, 511.45K)

They unironically want 100 hours of Sekiro combat lmao
>deflect deflect deflect block deflect deflect deflect
all with the same two fucking katanas.

I think the inbetween hurts them even more. The bosses that are likely to have you stuck for a little longer are usually the ones in the late game, when there's not much actually new content to discover during the dungeon leading up to the boss and in the open world. You fight the same shit you've been fighting for dozens of hours to get to the boss, then you go back to the open world and you fight Farmer (Lvl99) until you find Catacombs (134).
Your mentality prior to fighting the boss makes a huge difference in how you perceive difficulty. If you were already wishing the game would end, getting stuck will never feel fun, even if the boss fight itself is actually pretty good.

I rarely meet a boss in souls games where I feel my weapon damage is fair to the bosses health, in other words some bosses take 1/5 of their health per hit and are a joke but then others take literal chip damage and I'm forced to either grind or summon.

I will only consider a fight fair when my damage makes sense, and from software games have never got this balance right, it's actually the worst it's ever been in elden ring, did people forget how dark souls 1 was a HEAVILY flawed game? This is the same developer

malenia I could understand but radahn is literally a gimmick fight, its like not using the serpent pike against rykard

Yeah that's kind of what I mean. Most people, myself included, just brute force their way through bosses because if I played this like Dark Souls and tried to learn to no hit everyone it would take 500 hours to finish.

I do think bleed is a trap though. I had a katana build and although I could melt many bosses, many are immune are much of the game are stone enemies that make you stagger when you hit them with a sharp weapon. My current Guts build is much more OP because it works everywhere.

And I cleared all of dark souls 1 without a guide or summon, but I npc summoned for grafted godrick on my 2nd attempt and killed him on my 3rd because I don't have time for froms bullshit.

A lot of people went through the entirety of Elden Ring spamming L2 with the same two katanas.

>>not fun if you don't summon

It's the most fun souls game by far.

Attached: 1652382499408.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

I assume both of you played the game on release and fought Radahn fairly early on. I played after the nerf and he was a complete joke even solo, easy to the point that it ruined the fight. I really like the idea of having to join forces with the characters you've been meeting in the game up to this point to take down the strongest demigod, but in the actual game it's just bullying. The fight should be way harder so that the summons would simply make it fun.

>I rarely meet a boss in souls games where I feel my weapon damage is fair to the bosses health
I like their games, but I agree. I either destroy a boss in seconds or they barely take damage.

Some of the world dragons have unreasonably high health, and summons tend to get breathed on and killed pretty quickly. They aren't "hard" but holy shit you can spend twenty minutes running doing chip damage on Ekzykes and then die because his breathe has an animation in one place and kills you in another.

Summoning NPCs, players or spirits is just the easy mode, it's always been like that with souls games instead of a difficulty setting in the menu.

>Only a dozen people beat her without cheeses and exploits.
What constitutes as this though? No summons/bleed? What about optimized builds?

Took me a while to beat Malenia and some user still whined about it because I was using Dark Moon Greatsword.

Attached: Dark Moon vs Malenia.webm (854x480, 2.55M)

Fire Giant became my #1 status abuse boss regardless of what build I was playing the game with on my 2nd or 3rd playthrough. I get why he has a large HP pool, but I dislike him just enough that I will not give him proper time of day.

colossal swords barely dealing any damage in this game is a fucking joke

I always summon Alexander if only because he's too much of a bro for me not to bring him along every time.

>Darkmoon Greatsword
You didn't beat the game because you got one frostbite proc every ten hours. I still like the Moonlight Greatsword in this game even though it's constantly complained about. Suffers from the same issues that other greatsword movesets do and the projectile's tracking isn't the best, but it's still stylish and really satisfying to me.

>And I cleared all of dark souls 1 without a guide or summon,
Me too, and I didn't even know how to npc summon. Played the whole game offline too.
Took me about 60 hours and 4 of that were just for Gwyn, because I never parried during the whole game. I had to learn it in that fight. I didn't even know that rolls had I frames and I played the whole game with a Zweihander and then the big dragon sword you get from that covenant dragon's tail.

Pinwheel is the hardest Souls boss by far, if you don't connect your controller. So no wonder it filtered half of Any Forums hard.

>noooo where's my button???

On my first blind run I did Greyoll, an endgame variant that's harder than Ekzykes at Level 60 and it wasn't that hard, I just had to be careful with the breath and tail swipe.
Bleed and headshots are great on these fuckers.

Attached: Dragon Bridge.webm (853x480, 2.8M)

>Darkmoon Greatsword
what the fuck was From thinking with that unbuffed R2? what a joke

How did you figure out you could parry Gwyn? I was pretty good at parrying, because it was so generous in DS1, and knew about iframes on rolls because I played Demon's first, but still beat Gwyn without parrying because I think it was the first boss that even could be parried, if we don't count the Old Monk.