Fromsoft Boomers were like "yeah this is good gameplay just git gud"

Fromsoft Boomers were like "yeah this is good gameplay just git gud"

It's incredible that all the nice atmosphere and narrative design were already there 1:1 but all Miyazaki really did was realize the gameplay itself was absolute dogshit and just ripped off MonHun and OoT and slapped a third person camera with a lock-on and a roll on there instead.

Attached: 1642261713020.webm (500x364, 2.89M)

retarded zoomer

The parallels are honsetly amazing. Both series have 4 games and their gameplays are dogshit with little to no improvement.

>people liked that gameplay
Miyazaki did us a favor

>you can literally raise and drop the sword on the floor and gravity will make it fall faster than your actual swing in king's field
never got the appeal of actually sitting down and playing this game and not just listening to the soundtrack. literal delusion to actual like the gameplay. which is important for a video game

Boomers be like: "yooooo this shit deadass fire bruh fr"

This is like someone intentionally playing badly in Morrowind.

you know this game plays better than morrowind. even gif related is someone playing bad on purpose and it looks better than crappowind

Even though he is getting hit, it's generally what melee combat is during these games. Hit and backing up/run really won't enthrall most people.

I'm talking about the timing, the positioning, not letting the stamina refill, using the wrong weapon type, etc.

Regardless, combat still devolves into what was previously stated. You either tolerate it and immerse yourself in the game or you find it tedious.

>ripped off OOT
I mean the camera lock functions like OOT but that's been standard in 3D games iwth lockon since OOT. They otherwise share no similarities.
That's like saying first person shooters are a ripoff of Wolfenstein

Stop holding it to the standards of an action game. It's more akin to an RPG/dungeon crawler. You wouldn't pull up Final Fantasy 1 and show "wow all you do is tap A."
It's about the tempo, the persistence through a dungeon, the resource management, and yes, the dodging/action are important, even if it isn't Devil May Cry.
Overall, I much prefer King's Field combat to dodge spam of Souls.

This is the same reason Morrowind webms are disingenuous.
Even if they weren't rigged for comedic effect/a bad faith argument, you spend maybe 15% of your total playtime actively in combat in Morrowind.

Actually, no it doesn't. Hitting and backing up is useless as you can see in the webm. Circle Strafe is the law of the land in all Fromsoft games including King's Field but even that becomes unreliable when you have enemies who are much faster with big AoE type attacks. It becomes a lot of area control with the higher end spells and weapon arts.

Honestly? This is a pretty damned good game as long as you emulate it. The base controls are horrible and can't be fully fixed on a PS2, and turbo speed is a god send when backtracking. Upscaling is a pretty nice bonus as well. I wouldn't recommend a physical copy to anyone, though.

cringe and gay adhd zoomer. die.

Attached: 1540980750697.jpg (768x1024, 140.06K)

I dont understand why was it so hard to implement second analog stick?

What morrowind mod is this?

>doesn't strafe to the side and hit the low level monster in its blindsides
NGMI

Strafing in K4 usually isn't worth it, you can't circle strafe at all since your turn speed is much lower than your walk speed, but you can reliably juke out attacks on anything short of a golem, which you're meant to 2-hit with arrows anyway.

And people say Morrowind had bad combat. This shit here with King's Field has to be the worst I ever seen.

FUCKING KINO SOVL

how come there isn't a single indie game that takes this formula and apply it succesfuly? We have 100s souls clones but no KF or ST clones

>Strafing in K4 usually isn't worth it, you can't circle strafe at all since your turn speed is much lower than your walk speed, but you can reliably juke out attacks on anything short of a golem, which you're meant to 2-hit with arrows anyway.
Nigga, I played DOOM on a PS1 pad. Sure it's slower and has less monsters than the PC version but L1/R1 strafing and turning with the d-pad is perfectly do-able if you aren't some sub-100 APM Neanderthal.
>Isn't usually worth it
I played all of the King's Field, Echo Night and Shadow Tower games to completion; I am familiar with the game's controls--in KF/ST circle strafing works well and helps you avoid clearly staged scenarios that are present in the .webm -- standing there and eating shit

Because only incompetent losers who think their ideas are better than the bible and sniff their own farts make indie games.

I don't think it is THAT easy to make a game like this.
First thing first, it must be in 3D, and that filters 99% of indie devs.