Playing oblivion

>playing oblivion
>miss all the static loot from morrowind
>find a mod that adds vaults to all the cities, like how morrowind had the great house vaults
>description says there's a ton of treasures and great loot and 90% of it is static so there won't be any leveled garbage for the most part
>sounds perfect for what I want
>download the mod and break into one of the vaults
>like 200 gold in total, a few gems and books, and an enchanted robe worth a thousand gold
What the fuck is wrong with people? Why are developers and modders so averse to just giving the player a ton of great items and gold if they earn it before the level they're supposed to? I'm one more shitty leveled treasure chest away from just spawning good items and pretending I found them somewhere.

Attached: 1635333505357.jpg (300x450, 57.85K)

Just Cheat

It doesn't solve the larger issue

>every hand placed sword is an iron sword
>every hand placed alembic is a novice alembic
>etc. etc.
>somehow every hand placed item is always the weakest possible variant
oblivion is so anti-fun it hurts

Oblivion is one the worst RPGs ever made.

Bethesda attempted to make a more balanced gameplay for Oblivion, but they truly sucked at it. Morrowind disregarded all sense of balancing and just threw everything all over the map like how a real world should look like. Aside from the lack of balance, it experienced a more severe save file bloating issue than Oblivion did though. Skyrim was the middle ground between the two, there are non garbage secrets to be found but nothing that truly breaks the game like Morrowind did. I hate balance however, Morrowind was the ideal bethesda game.

>merchant inventories are hidden from the player
Fucking why?

The only TES I had no fun playing

Never played Daggerfall?

Because they think unbalanced gameplay is no fun.

Daggerfall has the excuse of being a game from 1996.

>Not playing Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Attached: fb7 (1).jpg (1080x607, 51.84K)

It's a poorly designed game regardless of the year it was made.

>leave city
>die to a max level variant of a wolf
I'd rather not.

Thatsthepoint.jpeg

Is Oscuro's like that too? I played a bit of Maskar's overhaul and during one of the Mages Guild initiation quests I ran into several high level tree monsters that would kill me in like 2 hits while on the road the quest was taking me down. I had to run all the way back to the city for the guards to kill it after a long battle and I went down the road again and eventually ran into another one. How the fuck am I supposed to do any quest when if I leave the city I just fucking die? Are you supposed to grind to level 10 or some shit before you even THINK about doing a what should be a low level quest?

>>playing oblivion
I'm sorry for your loss.

OOO is fine but if you're adding other mods to it make sure the level lists work out
Roads should be safe and wilderness is more dangerous

I think people don't truly like RPG. They like some ideas behind them but they don't actually like what this genre can be capable of. People like the feeling of growth you can get from playing them but not being able to ever game the system. This is why the level scaling for most that liked these games doesn't seem to be an issue.

>hand placed elven and glass swords in display cases, behind master level locks
>finally crack in as a low-level, ready for some game breaking gear
>worth 1g, does 1 damage
Fuck you

I'll do you one better
>notice the local leader of the fighters guild in cheydinhal has a glass mace even though I'm level 1
>he always has it equipped and you can't pickpocket equipped items (and he's essential so no killing)
>think "maybe he'll unequip it when he goes to sleep" so I pickpocket him while he's asleep and holy shit... I can actually take it...
>...but it's a unique leveled glass mace called "Burz's Glass Mace" that's worth only 75 gold and has the same damage as like steel
They literally hate fun. They actually just fucking hate it

>reach level 20
>every bandit now has glass armour
W o w