Why was Tekken7 so successful?

Why was Tekken7 so successful?

Attached: 20220601_091837.jpg (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Best fighting game

No competition whatsoever

Indeed.

Attached: KazuyaArtwork jpg .png (536x680, 763.95K)

It's one of the few fighting games I can play with my autist friends where I just mash buttons and cool shit happens.

Attached: 1641681216709.gif (384x239, 375.38K)

Poor Tekken. Must hurt knowing you're the only series carrying the FGC.

tekken and seven sound similar.
>*e*en
it has power.

>PC port
>Bad competition
>Addictive ranking system
>Gameplay is fun as fuck both for newcomers and veterans
>Some streamlining from previous games to help newbies but not jarring enough to make veterans mad (fuck movement nerfs though)
I'd say the PC port was the biggest thing. Pretty much everyone I know who plays Tekken 7 hadn't touched the series since PS1 days. The game has a lot of issues but stellar gameplay carries it.

Pretty much, the next most successful 3D fighter at the moment is SoulCalibur VI and is miles behind on popularity from tekken, DOA is dead and I'm pretty sure Tekken 8 will come before VF6

>Not console exclusive
>Netcode is no longer absolute trash
>Ton of characters
>International tourney scene
>Constant updates

We forgot the most important reason, waifus.

>>Gameplay is fun as fuck both for newcomers and veterans
>veterans
lmao the gooks cry about the game being shit constantly they hate this shit fucking stand still and gamble in each others face dogshit ass gameplay. Tekken 7 is not a Tekken game as it has no movement so retards like you can participate and mash strings fucking scrub.

3D "fighters" are a party game genre so its not surprising Tekken has tons of "casual fans"

Because it's a $ 6 game

normalfag game

Success breeds jealousy

Attached: shit game gets abandoned.jpg (800x600, 144.85K)

Based schizo.

Gooks weren't crying until the end of season 2, first few years were dominated by fundies gameplay

Josie

Ayy saved. You love to see it.

I should make a collage for all their unit goals hit.

I love the amount of seething strive has caused.

Tekken is weird. Its popularity ebbs and flows where it’s a niche series then mainstream for the next entry.

6 was better

Choose your team

Attached: fighting game protags definitive.jpg (6636x4594, 3.27M)

SF shat the bed so anyone angry at capcom had this as the obvious alternative.
Good marketing.
Good crossover characters.
Well known and respected ip with lots of sony fans.

>SF shat the bed so anyone angry at capcom had this as the obvious alternative.
except it's not an alternative since it's a completely different game, fundamentally speaking. KOF is an alternative for SF. Killer Instinct is an alternative for SF. Anyone who plays traditional fighting games cannot simply jump into Tekken because it plays nothing like a standard fighting game. It's not even an easy game to jump into period.

As a thank you for your continued support, we will
>not fix the netcode
>not fix crashing issues
>not fix cheating
>not fix desyncs
>not fix abhorrent dlc balancing
>not fix our communication
I hope you enjoy at least three more years of Tekken 7 in this sorry state. Remember to join online tournaments and duke it out in intense 2 bar slideshows.