Is Jonathan Blow correct that every game except for Braid and The Witness is bad?

Is Jonathan Blow correct that every game except for Braid and The Witness is bad?

Attached: images - 2022-06-01T181646.556.jpg (495x619, 18.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWqnz-7iQbY&t=125s
youtube.com/watch?v=x0z0WcbSzJ0&t=922s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

no he blows lmao

Attached: smug italian child.jpg (726x656, 80.42K)

more like Jonathan Blows lmao

More like Jonathan Blowjob, cause he sucks, fucking bald goblin thinks he has an important opinion while being a fuckin microbe in the scope of a universe that is inevitably moving toward heat death, think about it for a sec.

Why is he a streamer now?

He's the hero Any Forums needs not the hero Any Forums deserves.

His argument that all modern games are badly designed is correct at some level. They're not maximizing for peak experiences. They're buggy and overstuffed. They have cynical reward loops. They're not about true mastery and learning.

No. Braid and The Witness are also bad so he was just mostly right.

This faggot has never played a good game in his life, Braid is easy as shit linear baby pooper game.

Jonathan Blow is an autist hack that was lucky Braid came out when it did (basically without any competition in the console indie space).

The Witness is a bad game with really bad design that you can only enjoy if you are him or as autistic as him. If anyone other than Jonathan Blow had released that game it would have been shunned because of its deliberate obtuse design, yet he could ride on the (lucky) Braid fame.

I know Jonathan will read (at least if this thread gets archieved or something) this because he's so autistic he has bots scanning every website to look for his name: You are a bad game designer, because autistic people lack empathy and that's like the one thing you need to have to be a game designer. Braid was shit and you just caught lighting in a bottle.

Just enjoy the money you made (if your autistic brain lets you) and don't try to patronize anyone, you literally can't.

Attached: 1645360386496.jpg (400x433, 27K)

what games did you make?

Shuf the fuck up Jon.

There is a lot of cope and seethe in this. Leaving Braid and TW aside, no game is actually good, because game designers don't know what they're doing. They're not trying to create rich learning experiences for people.

youtube.com/watch?v=gWqnz-7iQbY&t=125s

Attached: 250.png (250x352, 204.19K)

Braid, braid, braid. Is this the time travel game where you play as the villain trying to rape some girl's mind or something?

I'm . I've made 3 games, one of them raised more than USD 500K in Kickstarter and sold 100K units on its first month.

I know Braid did more than my biggest game (the other 2 sold like shit, to be honest), but I don't preach myself as the only one who knows about game design while saying retarded things either. Also, I made those numbers in 2021, with a pandemic and a total different indie scene than when Braid came out, so I think they are REALLY good.

Not gonna say which games because any of you faggots will come to bother or raid us. And I don't need you to believe me.

But yes, I've made games, and with some degree of success. Enough to form a great team (small size tho) and start developing a 3D game, because people want to work with me, unlike what happens to Jonathan Blow.

Makes sense that he was part of Fish's crew, all of their games were boring.

Free money

Attached: jonathan blow.jpg (944x612, 237.17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=x0z0WcbSzJ0&t=922s

>quits Elden Ring 1 hour in, barely beats Soldier of Godrick, calls it a trash game

It's kinda funny that he was among the pioneers of the "2deep4u hipster indie game" but now no one remembers him

>worth a reasonable person's time
So he made the Witness, a game where you have to wait for boats and elevators for minutes on end, has insanely slow walking speed and one puzzle has you wait 30 minutes for a video to play to be able to complete a line puzzle at the right moment in the video and if you miss your 10 second window, you have to rewatch the whole video to do it again.

He's literally the only indie developer normalfags (the type that only play zelda and assassins creed) know of.

Toby Fox
Notch

He's always fawning over Stephen's Sausage Roll.

>NOOO HE CRITICIZED MY FAVORITE GAME
He played it for over 10 hours on stream.

this

The fuck Jonathan Blow's mom game, sequel to the fuck your mom game

Both are only known by more "hardcore" gamers (still casuals). The type that go to reddit game subreddits and watches youtube videos about games. Last time I spoke to a stoner that plays like 1 game a year he thought minecraft was made by microsoft. Not knowing Notch or the indie origin of the game at all. Undertale is actually niche outside of specific parts of the internet.

I made a game called Banging JBlows Mom DS

Not really, they're both easily more well known than jonathan blow and it's not even close

Attached: 2119458.png (1175x623, 46.03K)

Galak Zed

If you think notch and toby fox are unknown by normies then this bald cunt is definitely not on anyone's radar retard

Morbius: the Videogame: Mighty Morbin through Time

Attached: 1642084691354.webm (720x302, 2.92M)

We're talking about normalfags in 2022 not 2010. Jonathan blow for some fucking reason has mainstream appeal. normalfags see him as steve jobs of videogames. Maybe it's because he does a lot of TED talks to non-gaming audiences from a hipster/philosophical mindset that appeals to them or something.

the witness is unironcally one of the best games ever made

i don't know why you guys are so down on this guy, he talks a lot of shit but he's got the accomplishments to back it up. if some no name video essayist had said the same things about elden ring you would have agreed with them

I literally posted an image which shows that's not true, there's more general interest in notch and toby fox than blow ever had

Notch didn't even consider Minecraft to be indie after a given point, well before he sold his company to Microsoft

pretentious american indie devs are a fucking joke

I never heard of anyone ever bring up this guy's name ever. I don't even see gaming websites talk about him to any extent.

no normalfag knows who he is
>b-but hipsters at TED talk
they're fucking hipsters, they seek those useless and irrelevant shit