Should I bother with getting this first artifact gear set? It's taking a lot honestly. Also Final Fantasy XI thread

Should I bother with getting this first artifact gear set? It's taking a lot honestly. Also Final Fantasy XI thread

Attached: chaos set.png (713x570, 501.68K)

>trying to do dnc unlock quest
>run to maw thing
>watch cutscene to end up in past bastilla
>port out to get to the past zone i actually want to be in without dodging the 1000 mobs between me and jungwhatever
>run 30 minutes to get there
>lol ur in the present again fucker, now go back and run through the level 70s that will one shot you if they so much as sniff you
not to mention having to google why it is the maws dont work despite having the white feather. turns out it binds me to whatever random one i got shit out of 3 hours ago. good thing the game explains literally nothing involving there suddenly being two versions of some zones that you can only travel to by going to another zones maw. getting this job is going to make me mental boom.

I was on the fence between DNC and SAM as a subjob, guess I know which I'm unlocking first lol

i finally fucking got it. they had 3 aggressive mobs hovering the quest objective so if though i stealthed to it, i had to cancel invis to active it and then immediately died when the cutscene was over. i also had to spend 10k on a stack of prism powder to because there were no singles on the ah and the curio moogle wont sell to me for some reason, probably one of the many time gated things from new characters that they dont tell you is time gated.
i'm going to feel real fucking dumb if i dont like this class after like 4 hours spent unlocking it.

You'll want to do it eventually, since it can be upgraded to really good iLevel gear. It's up to you whether you do it at an appropriate level or come back later and steamroll it.

This is going to sound really dumb, but you did do the rhapsodies of vana'diel mission that gives you access to the curio moogle, right?

Apparently I was being a dumbass with how I was looking for those two pieces of my artifact gear inside Caste Oztroja and Monastic Cavern. I was trying to drop the chest keys from monsters, didn't know I could buy them from curio moogles by advancing in the RoV storyline.
I have to say though, I wanted to keep RoV for last if possible, since it's the last expansion and I heard it has the best story, connecting everything together. Won't I ruin the experience for myself if I go forward with it now just to unlock some key items? If possible I'd like to experience the story in the best way.

>This is going to sound really dumb, but you did do the rhapsodies of vana'diel mission that gives you access to the curio moogle, right?
No. I looked it up and now I see that I got the first cutscene for it, but honestly how was I supposed to decipher that that was the one cutscene out of the 20 contextless cutscenes I've gotten so far that actually mattered for me?
I guess I'll follow that line as I level dancer.

Scratch that, I fucking hate myself. I bought a chest key instead of a coffer key. Why in the name of fuck is there a difference between the two? Now I have to redo all that 4 handle bullshit and hope the coffer is still there. This is horseshit.

Do summoner and scholar share xp? as in, will summoner and scholar always be the exact same level with the exact same xp no matter what?

This is not FFXIV.

You can get a lot of the benefit from doing just the early RoV missions, getting rhapsody in white spoils basically nothing.

Ah, good ol' castle oztroja. If you're heading back to buy a coffer key, note that not all items are available right away from the vendor moogle; there are a bunch of different rhapsody in X key items that add to their stock and give other bonuses. Coffer keys require rhapsody in umber(if you already have it, you can pretty safely shelve RoV until the end. The bonuses from the other KIs are nice, but not essential to have)

No. Why would you think that?

lmao zoom zoom ZOOM

Do crystal drop rates get better with level? I'm leveling all as I go(trying to at least), but the crystal drop rates are so bad that I get more crystals by far by selling treasure chest drops and buying them off the AH. I'm only killing even matches and higher other than an easy here and there.
I just want to craft things, yo.

Yeah I had to go all the way to RoV 1-11 to get umber. At least I'm done with it. Now that I've killed the Shadow Lord do I go for mission Rise of the Zilart? I imagine release order would be the best way to experience the story right?

I'm level 60 now on the free trial with my main (Warrior) and 50 on both White Mage and Monk, and I'm considering subbing but by god is the Main Story quest 'grind' a pain.
Like, a good portion of it is solid, even great. But about 40% of the quests (like most of the post-ARR pre-HW quests) are just pretty trite, bordering on filler.

How are you 60? The free trial only goes up to 50.

Works on my machine

Attached: 1646263714288.png (711x107, 114.22K)

This thread is for FFXI, not FFXIV

This is a FFXI thread, not FFXIV. Hence my confusion.

Please excuse my illiteracy

Make sure to have Signet.

Outside of the "Gain EXP" events, are there any other easy ways to cap out Sparks / Unity Accolades?

Attached: 1504992832485.jpg (276x440, 12.83K)

No, crystal drop rates don't depend on level. Buying them off the AH is indeed more convenient, since there are lots of ways to make gil and crystals are pretty cheap.

Release order is probably best. You don't have to do all the nation rank missions before moving on, just do San d'Oria before CoP and Windurst before WoTG if you're going to do them.