Why was this immediately forgotten about upon launch?

Why was this immediately forgotten about upon launch?

Was it overshadowed by ER, bad, or do people just not care about this franchise anymore?

Attached: 1623351708580.png (432x432, 236.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1HnWp65QZMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boomers all died from the vax & GT has no pronouns so zoomers ain't interested

maybe the millions of concurrent players at all hours GT7 has are not queers or loud fags?
it's a possibility, no?

GT is one of Sony's biggest sellers, the fans just don't go on Any Forums.

don't even know what's going on since the ps3 days but "sims" like these aren't really hype games. you either like driving around in circles or you don't and probably don't even care all that much about new anything until the online breaks. shill bucks are going to go farther on pump and dump types of games.

I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Was holding out in case I ever got a ps5 because zero load time and a more responsive controller seem like a great improvement for racing games.

Finally buckled and got it on ps4 despite my fear that it'd be a lousy lastgen port, but the damn game won't install. Keeps error-ing. Deleted everything and it still won't install. It's fucked and idk how others have gotten the game to install. It's just fucked.
So I guess I'll buy a ps5 and pay the 10 bucks to upgrade my copy. I'm sort of pissed at sony tho for the ps4 being generally a shitty console and now they're doing this QR 2 stage authentication on ps3 and that's broken if your outputting in SD

Just a general Sony rant. Haven't played the game yet, idk.
Any Forums hates racing and playstation exclusives, so GT gets totally ignored here, it's not just 7.

Attached: 1551624199424.jpg (1794x1200, 574.05K)

I might buy it when I can pick it up for $30 or so.

Had bad problems at launch like aggressive Micro-transactions and an economy designed to push players towards micro-transactions. Alongside that it had an anemic Single Player compared to the PS2 and PS3 versions and single player career was poor gameplay wise as well because all races became passing challenges where the player started from the back and had to get to first. The AI hasn't improved much from the PS3 era either.

It's just depressingly average for a GT game and has problems from Sport they should have fixed. You should only buy it unless you are seriously into car photography or online play.

Couple of factors
1. The average PlayStation fan doesn’t care about racing games. Guarantee majority that bought this game were PS5 owners that wanted to see some more pretty graphics on their TVs
2. The majority on Any Forums don’t play racing games. Also doesn’t help that a the vocal racing game fans here only like bitching about Forza and nostalgia tripping over PS2 era racing game soundtracks. The ones that actually take racing games seriously play real sim games like Assetto Corsa and iRacing.
3. GT fans moved to /vg/. They won’t admit it but they were humbled after talking constant shit for years. GT7 brought them back down to earth. Now they have their safe space.

Kaz needs to retire. Forza 7 utterly mogs this game, it's fucking embarrassing.
>GT1 and 2 had pure soul, like each dealer having unique music and special iterations of cars once they upgraded all the way (like Mark Martin's Ford Taurus)
>GT3 and 4 perfected the gameplay and introduced cool shit like wacky replays and impressive rain effects
>GT5 is the most soulless game ever made

The only good thing that came from this shit is idris elba rapping in this dumb but catchy song

youtu.be/1HnWp65QZMk

>always online, if you couldn't connect to the server literally 90% of the game would not be playable at all.
>classic Sony server stability so of course the servers went down for 3 days less than 2 weeks after launch when they were rolling out a patch
>a patch to nerf race payouts because not enough were buying MTX
>cafe and missions were a poor replacement to actual singleplayer content
>went backwards from GT6 and made filling out your car collection a pain again with randomized availability for cars
>unholy amounts of grind even by GT standards paired with being able to buy credits was insulting. For many "rare" cars it was a choice of 200 hours of grind or $200 in mtx
>further exasperated by many cars needing an "invitation" to buy them. This was granted at random and would expire after a couple days to further push FOMO
>GT sport also had cars for mtx bullshit but at least even the most expensive car was only $5 and always available
>tuning is utterly fucking broken and easily exploited, adding a couple pounds of ballast could allow you to add hundreds of pounds of extra torque and power leading to cars that were seconds faster
>broken as fuck course limits that allowed people to take retarded shortcuts making any and all competitive modes a waste of time
>removed the standardization feature from sport that allowed most cars to be competitive meaning if you weren't in a meta vehicle you'd be half a lap behind

Thankfully the following updates improved it somewhat and they also added 3 new menu books with the most recent update. The campaign ending with a lousy gr. 3 championship was really weird. Now you have a VGT menu book and a gr.1 one which fits much better and both of them give 6 star tickets as rewards. And 6 star tickets are the only ones that consistently give good rewards. The others are just plain insulting.

Nigger shit like this makes me glad the game lets you stop certain tracks from playing.

and 6?

6 was a step in the right direction, even with retarded shit like the moon rover races and body roll being a major selling point. Remember the "build your own track with GPS" thing they scrapped immediately? Another dumb gimmick. The Goodwood Hill Climb was nice though.

I've been a GT fanboy since the beginning and this game is fucking garbage. The cafe shit just barfs cars at you that you don't care about in place of an actual single player progression. In the old games you would start from the beginning with your slow shitbox and work your way up through the ranks and getting faster cars and tuning up the ones you have. This does not exist in the "game". Dreadful lack of races with nothing for the faster cars to even do. It's shocking how bad they fucked this up. I could have lived with all the other crap but this was just too much. Trash.
The driving is fine.

Back to RetardEra, christocolus.

The updates are a joke. Where are my fucking races? It can't be that hard to just put together a bunch of different races.

>no proper career mode
>always online
>f2p tier grinding and mtx
It still probably sold millions of copies because gamers are retarded

To be fair being a racing fan on a sony platform has been utterly suffering if you aren't into NFS and it wasn't much better if you were because lol EA. The people are starving.

>The driving is fine.
I think this is what gets me most about GT7. We're in an era where Assetto Corsa, iRacing and rFactor 2 exist where the driving is on another level. Even the official Formula 1 game mogs both GT and Forza. GT7 was just fine but it's so placid with no excitement. I ended up trading it in. I don't know what happened but Polyphony desperately need new ideas

They can't make an actual sim because their consumers would get upset that the game is too hard with a controller. Same reason Forza is dogshit.

GT just doesn't hold the same allure when you can jump online and race with 40 other people in AC on a much more complete Tokyo expressway, instead of a very short looping section of it.

>I don't know what happened but Polyphony desperately need new ideas
We’re just here to fund Kaz’s hobby.

Racing games are boring unless it's sci-fi or fantasy.

Attached: 1654074128117.png (284x307, 157.04K)

I'm ok with it being less of a sim than stuff like AC, but it couldn't even get the game part right. Which would be the easiest part! Just a career mode was all I needed! They couldn't even do the bare minimum after going on about how it was a return to the old GT style. What the fuck were they thinking?

AC is shit. Easily the most glaring case of buyer's remorse I've gotten from a Any Forums recommendation

>Bought a PS5 bundle over the weekend
>Every bundle forced you to get GT7 and another game
Haven’t even put the disc in.

GT has always been dogshit.
>b-but muh GT2
R4 mogged the shit out of it.
>b-but muh GT4
Enthusia was 10x better.

The point of AC is mods and online. The base game is shit, you need content manager to even make it playable.

Why exactly would I buy it if it barely has any new maps?
It's a sport expansion for full price + playstation tip.