Tfw Any Forums used to be my home board in 2008-2010 Are there any good crpgs in the last 5-10 years?

>tfw Any Forums used to be my home board in 2008-2010 Are there any good crpgs in the last 5-10 years?

Attached: Baldur's_Gate_II_-_Shadows_of_Amn_Coverart.png (252x329, 164.95K)

fuck I didn't mean to greentext the crpg request, this proves I'm old

There's a icewind Dale / Planescape torment bundle on switch...

Enhanced edition. Same as on pc and other consoles.

Pillars was ok, original sin was better in alfa than the released version. Divinity 2 was good, and pillars of eternity was very challenging.

How does it prove you're old? If I made that mistake I would feel like a newfag.

Ever heard of the temple of elemental evil? Combat focused, just like icewind Dale

I tried so hard to like PoE as an old Planescape fan, but somehow I just kept dropping off with it.

I can't keep track of all the Divinity games. Is Div2 actually a CRPG in its own right? I played the older ones and had fun with them despite them being more ARPG. I don't even know if these terms/distinctions are still current.

Are the Enhanced Editions worth it? I vaguely remember having to use mods to fix up PST. Also I avoided the BG EE's because I prefer the SCS (Sword Coast Strategies) mods, but maybe those are ancient now?

Good point actually, I guess I meant old in the sense of lazy and missing obvious shit.

did you try the pathfinder games?

Pillars of Eternity for verbose writing.
Kingmaker/Wotr for D&D3.5 build powergaming.
Divinity Original Sin for neat turn based mechanics.
Legend of Grimrock for ye olde dungeon crawling.
I'll also mention Tower of Time since I think it's a smaller, overlooked game.

Yeah nothing will beat the original divine divinity imo. I never used mods on baldurs gate 1 & 2, but the enhanced editions aren't bad. Just added shit.

Forgot image. You need to play this op If you like icewind Dale

Attached: 30996-the-temple-of-elemental-evil-a-classic-greyhawk-adventure-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1150, 156.44K)

I love BG2 to death but class diversity is fucked.
I can play kingmaker beneath the stolen lands for weeks rolling new parties and shit but every party in BG2 plays basically the same

>berserker/mage
>theif/cleric
You don't even need the theif cleric

You only let people join you for the xp. You don't even need a full party. I have to say the bg2ee end boss is really hard though

All I'll say, OP, is that you better beware of the anons who recommend Pillars of Eternity and Deadfire.

Dead fire sucks, and even though pillars is OK, it's not as good as other games

kenshi is good

>All I'll say, OP, is that you better beware of the anons who recommend Pillars of Eternity and Deadfire.
Why?

what about that planescape clone/spiritual sequel from a few years ago

imagine still not being able to greentext in 2022

Tides of Numanuma? It's ok if you've exhausted other options, but skippable.

Pillars of Eternity is great.

UnderRail
Age of Decadence
Shadowrun
Wasteland 2/3
Kenshi
Dead State: Reanimated
ATOM RPG
Pathfinder Kingmaker

There's probably a bunch others but I can't remember right now. I left pillars out on purpose. It's shit.

UnderRail is like classic Fallout but underground and with brain magic.

Age of Decadence is the gold standard for player agency and branching story in a (somewhat) modern CRPG and I found the extremely punishing combat to my liking.

There are three Shadowrun games and while the first one is kinda weak the latter two are absolutely excellent and there's some good community made campaigns to play too.

Wasteland 2 was pretty good but went on a bit long imo, haven't played 3 but I have it on good authority it's an improvement on 2. It's nice to go back to where it all started but that's not enough to detract from an at times bland game.

Kenshi is more of a sandbox with no real story but I can't recommend it enough, I've never played anything like it. So many systems, so well integrated.

Dead State is made on the same engine as Age of Decadence but the game itself is far like story and dialogue focused and more focused on combat and base building, vs zombies.

ATOM is a modern take in classic Fallout and is set in the remains of the USSR and made by Russians so it has a unique and authentic feel as a result.

Pathfinder is the modern take on classic infinity engine games and is so well made and soulful it makes PoE look like it was created by an AI.

I could recommend any of these games but if I had to cut the wheat from the chaff I'd lose Dead State and Wasteland, Shadowrun Returns but not dragon fall or hong kong. UnderRail is a bit too big for a game with basically two tilesets.

The rest are essential imo