What are the greatest racing games?

what are the greatest racing games?

Attached: Lemans.png (440x622, 66.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8czhbzUWLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The GOAT

Attached: Burnout_3_-_Takedown_Coverart.jpg (288x346, 24.88K)

Underrated.

Attached: Excitebike 64 jap cover.jpg (458x640, 67.3K)

Bing bing aside, it's great.
>tons of content
>3 different vehicles
>battle modes
>doesn't rely on rubberbanding to keep AI up your ass constantly

Attached: ShiddyDongRacists.jpg (466x340, 39.79K)

There's a reason Nintendo won't make another one. Sega did it better then they ever could.

Attached: when fast isn't fast enough.webm (480x360, 2.3M)

GRID
and NOT ANY OF THE FUCKING SEQUELS. FUCK YOU GRID 2 user I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS YOU FUCKING MASHED POTATOES FOR BRAINS JERK

Nintendo already did better with X. GX has a lot of content and better graphics but the physics are balls, super monkey balls to be exact.

SARB2Kart V1.3
V2 doesn't exist.

X does have the random track generator and the bitchin' opening tune, but I think pretty much everything else is better in GX, even the exploitable physics.

Revenge is better

>But traffic checking bad
The same-way traffic uses buses and trucks to the exact same ratio as Burnout 3 and all other Burnout games use regular cars. The regular-sized cars themselves are weapons, not typical obstacles. Fits perfectly inline with the moodier, more aggressive tone.

Also Burnout Revenge has the best licensed soundtrack between Takedown, itself and Paradise.

Attached: 220px-Revenge_boxart.jpg (220x264, 25.39K)

Kino OST too.

Attached: ProStreet.jpg (800x1103, 174.13K)

Gotta be

Attached: images-113.jpg (549x558, 56.86K)

>Also Burnout Revenge has the best licensed soundtrack between Takedown, itself and Paradise.
I mean anybody who follows music on a base level knows this. Revenge had its thumb on the artery of mid 2000s music culture before everybody else even caught up. Bloc Party, Maximo Park, The Bravery, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Billy Talent, Apocalyptica. The first three bands I listed alone have cemented themselves as staples on throwback rock radios. You will always hear Helicopter, Apply Some Pressure and An Honest Mistake.

Attached: Race Driver Grid.png (281x353, 61.02K)

was the only game other than mario kart that i could play for a long time.
most racing games these days feel like simulators than games.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (548x480, 128.22K)

2097 sits in this strange unhappy place for me where I like the crazy bouncy physics of Wipeout 1 and its insane difficulty curve, and I like the visual theme of Wipeout 3 and the direct improvements of ideas that first found their form in 2097, and stuff like the afterburner that wasn't in ANY other game, and it was the first game to have my favorite team..
I probably have this conundrum because I don't have the benefit of nostalgia goggles that so many others have, because 2097 was a ton of people's first wipeout game, and it was really the first wipeout that feels more like wipeout that we know today.

DKR was always better than mk64 but not being Mario was enough to basically kill it. Yes, Rare got bought by MS back then so Rare lost the rights to it, but if Nintendo had any faith in the IP (which they should have considering the success of DKR) they wouldn't have scrapped everything and gave it to someone competent instead of giving it to absolute bottom feeders that shit out something like DK Jet Racing.

Good mix of realistic driving with a nice selection of cars + tracks but also silly fun online modes.

Attached: Forza3cover.jpg (256x360, 34.26K)

Came here to post this, nothing can compare.
I know it's against Nintendo's backwards mentality on why they won't touch it again, but literally all they would have to do is fix the physics exploits, make a track editor, and add online functionality. They wouldn't even need to touch up the graphics, it still looks incredible.

Hey, hey user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8czhbzUWLc

This was how the 1955 Le Mans crash went down right

Attached: daredevilmotherfuckinderby3d.jpg (640x622, 87.61K)

SOVL

>That crash happens
>Journalists straight up show dismembered bodies and talk about it like it's a humble accident instead of a fucking massacre that left a dozen dead and like eight injured

Attached: 1653447510837.gif (500x259, 494.02K)

Sorry, EIGHTY. It was eighty in the crowd who got lacerated with car parts.

quick rundown on Formula One? what's the deciding factor on who wins?

It's not as fast as Formula 0.

FUCKING DICK SCOTT SLOW THE FUCK DOWN ASSHOLE I SWEAR TO GOD