This is the ideal vidya character. You may not like it, but this is what peak vidya looks like

This is the ideal vidya character. You may not like it, but this is what peak vidya looks like

Attached: ys8_dana.png (872x950, 809.84K)

Laxia is better

She cute

Attached: Dana box.jpg (4630x2894, 1.97M)

Lacrimosa of Dana was one of the best YS games. I can't understand how they managed to drop the ball so hard on YS IX.

I want to sex her

Attached: 1634502246019.png (797x1242, 1.07M)

They kinda rushed IX out of the door precisely because VIII was so well-received and was one of their best sellers. It's not terrible but it definitively needed more polish.

Attached: FS3ThwnUsAAcsFQ.jpg (1478x2100, 2.08M)

Cute tummy! I want to smooch it

Attached: dana9.png (637x903, 719.63K)

I wanna buy the vinyl. Someone stop me.

It suffered from character bloat. 7 chapters of the game were dedicated to learning about your party members while being overly vague about the grimwald nox which is the entirety of the game. Then chapter 8 comes around and dumps the entire plot all in one scene, but by then I didn't give a shit about any of the characters and just wanted to be done with the game. That's not even mentioning the boring brown and grey environments and the horrendous FPS tank in the main fucking city.

Attached: 1649044139860.png (301x266, 7.99K)

Ys 9 was good too. At least compared to 100% of western shit, at least.

Attached: Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_Saladhi.png (513x817, 430.07K)

I can't be the only one who thinks blue Dana is by far the worst Dana and that even red Dana (her alt) is a much better color scheme

Attached: 1633265280288.jpg (350x363, 30.3K)

Ok falcomfags, explain this.
Why is dana called ys8, when ys seven is 7 and celceta was in between?

Celceta is a remake of ys 4. There are also three diferent Ys 4s

nice trips. But also, I thought ys 8 had absolutely abysmal character bloat, mostly because all of its characters were completely shit that I couldn't give even half of a fuck about. At least 99% of the side characters in ys 9 were quite likeable and relevant/interesting, and not random fucks who're there for no reason.

Attached: asassin_loli.png (375x658, 352.82K)

Dina is better

I hardly dislike IX but I can recognize that it's half-baked compared to VIII. It's no Celceta at the very least.

Also, it's not that approachable of a game as VIII for newbies. It probably relies on continuity the heaviest of all modern titles.

Attached: FIp5TgRaUAU-B_r.jpg (846x1100, 803K)

Green Dana is the hottest

Celceta was a remake of IV like how Felghana was a remake of III released in between VI and VII.

7 is because it introduced the party mechanic and you had 7 playable characters.(sorta) Though it seems now we have gone back regular-ass romun numbers.

>Theres 3 different ys 4
Why not just name them 4,5 and 6 instead of calling 3 different games 4.
Sounds pretty retarded, ngl.

Attached: yuni.jpg (452x809, 68.33K)

Falcomes half ingame dialogue is a combination of hahas, hehes and fufus.
Dont expect them to be able to count to 10

Weird game dev thing during the 90's in which Falcom outsourced Ys 4 to two different companies with came out with two slightly different games.
Then Celceta is just the canon remake they made many years later for the Vita.

I like that she's technically a loli character (and like 1000 years old) and they explain it away by her being regular height in the current time and everyone else was just giant in her own time.

>Weird game dev thing
That's just Falcom bleeding employees left and right since they couldn't stand the company anymore. The brain drain was so bad that Falcom had to outsource the development to two other companies.
Also, Ys IV Dawn of Ys will always be canon. Godspeed Hudson Soft.

Attached: Dawn_Fin.png (766x697, 24.51K)