Is there any reason to play the original PS1 Metal Gear Solid over the remake?

Is there any reason to play the original PS1 Metal Gear Solid over the remake?

Attached: nHysFiFzH3k9jfV6VCcgb.0.jpg (1200x675, 49.04K)

No. Twin Snakes is way more SOVLful in every conceivable way.

As someone with a massive metal gear boner who started with MGS2 and then played Twin Snakes before following everything else the series put out, definitely yes.

I've never even beat the original MGS and at this point I'm saving it for a rainy day, it's amazing to me having a full metal gear experience on the old PS1 for some reason and the voice acting is better in some ways from Twin Snakes, though Mei Ling is fucking terrible. I've played Twin Snakes a billion times and it's really refreshing hearing the older voice work after having memorized most of the voice lines like a retard.

Anyhow yeah it's a unique enough experience that's fascinating in many regards, but mostly for the voice work.

the original is pure kojima kino

The optimal way is to play the original MGS then at the end of every session of gameplay, watch a youtube video of Twin Snakes cutscenes up to the point that you played.

Remake sucks, so yes.

Attached: 1643272225008.png (2057x1440, 3.38M)

PS1?

>posts the remaster and implies it's the PS1 original
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF NIGGER

Hell yeah there is faggot, MGS1 is a classic, Twin Snakes is a travesty

When you get older, you'll realize that a remake isn't a replacement for the original game. Especially true for Twin Snakes.

Twin snakes only issue is the remixed soundtrack, everything else is fine and im hoping for someone to mod out the soundtrack

turns out a mod already exists, well then it's safe to admit that i prefer twin snakes with mods over the original.

>As someone with a massive metal gear boner who started with MGS2 and then played Twin Snakes before following everything else the series put out, definitely yes.
I thought it was funny how MGS fans back then hated it because of how over the top it was. Twin Snakes feels like a remixed remake more than a remake itself.

Play MGS1 in the Dreamcast :^)

Well the remake has
>worse graphics
>worse gameplay
>worse music
>worse atmosphere
>worse bosses
>worse dialogue
>worse cutscenes

the graphics are the only good thing

they're fucking terrible

Attached: merl.jpg (598x601, 23.47K)

the mgs1 models aged so well. something about the deeply shaded/hidden eyes just continues to look great.

>Is there any reason to play the original PS1 Metal Gear Solid over the remake?
Yes: it's the FAR superior game.
TS was pathetically embarrassing de-make.

t. started with TS back innaday, would never have bothered with the rest without playing the OG a bit later.

Fuck No. The graphics especially look WORSE than the original, with those waxy character models, weird cyan tint everywhere, and general lack of that cold, rotting industrial feel the OG had.

The PS1 game cleverly used Yoji Shinkawa's art style to compensate the super simplistic meshes and limited texture memory. It creates this dark-contrast, surprisingly detailed look, that also captures the cold winter night mood perfectly.

the characters look awkward and lifeless and the environments look sterile and bland. The only good thing is actually the added silly parts to the cutscenes, which you shouldn't bother with until you've played the original anyways

Amazing for a GameCube game from 2004.

Then again Anime art never translates well into 3D unless it's Moe.

Play the VR missions

I haven't played much of the twin snakes, but the duelshock has better controls

I hope op has never played this gsme before and picks the original on a ps1.

Twin Snakes is unironically superior. MGS1 cultists are all emotional nostalgiafags. It is the worst MGS.

>able to fast forward codecs
>PAL key backtracking is now optional
>PSG1-T added so you don't have to backtrack to the armory
>card keys don't need to be equipped to be used
>runs at 60 FPS instead of 30
>vastly superior controls and graphics
>superior voice acting for most characters (Go back and play the original. A lot of the acting is not good.)
>MGS2 mechanics add new depth to boss fights (shooting pipes during Ocelot, ducking in the ditch to avoid the tank)
>non-lethal weapons give you more options during boss fights
>bodies no longer disappear, making the game more difficult
>improved enemy AI and longer evasion phase discourages hiding and waiting
>confirmed canon by MGS3 and MGS4
>cutscenes directed by an actual film director
>more accurate translation without the unauthorized changes by the narcissistic kike translator

Attached: 51RuKFbjiEL.jpg (352x500, 45K)

I only liked the AI and looks

this. What most /3/tards never realize is that you need really good 2D art to make good 3D art. If you tried making low-poly art as good as MGS with just some grey meshes in Blender, you'd be fumbling between that and substance painter for days.