noooo why did I pirate all those games

> noooo why did I pirate all those games

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 16.83K)

You dont go to hell if you regret your sins.

>yeeeessss this is why I pirated all those Nintendo games

Attached: 1628488929579.jpg (510x338, 45.73K)

This doesn’t sound like regret for the sin, just regret for the punishment

To determine if something is ethical, let's first say that an ethical thing is something ideally everyone would do. Like let's say "not stealing". Obviously it's possible for everyone to not steal so it doesn't violate that requirement. Let's see if copyright infringement - or piracy - holds up to the same scrutiny. Let's imagine two hypothetical worlds for our thought experiment.

World A: No one pirates. Companies make games and software with the incentive that people will buy it since no one pirates.

World B: Everyone pirates. Companies have no incentive to create games and software since they'll just get it pirated away from them. With no companies making things, there becomes nothing to pirate thus piracy is impossible.

World B is a paradoxical world where everyone pirates yet no one pirates. If piracy was a logically good thing to do then we could have everyone do said thing without creating a paradox. Therefore we must strive for World A if our ethics are to logically make any sense.

>Common responses:
>FOSS
You cannot pirate FOSS software thus it does not prevent this paradox and its conclusion.

>World C
You likely didn't understand the point of the thought experiment. Re-read the first paragraph.

Attached: E6A38B34-35F8-44B1-BAB6-7DD1B5F38AC9.gif (230x173, 1.67M)

>implying Jesus wouldn't be there too for pirating that fish and bread

pseud fail

Oh no I burned a music from a CD I owned to another CD so my friend could have a copy. Totally like its not my property and I'm making a profit on these copies.

No difference. Very few things are mortal sins. 4 of them i think.

World B is not inherently bad. A world where corporations don't make things is simply different, not better or worse.

Therefore it is silly to be prescriptive about it.

>god found siscon loli hentai
>managed to repent few seconds before dying

Attached: 12931960-2655159504.jpg (413x375, 24.83K)

>hell
>real
Go read a science book.

World B is a paradoxical world that literally can't exist. Read also reread the first paragraph

what translation do you recommend?

In world A you can't know if a game is good or not in any way. Many video uploads of games and gameplay was seen as piracy in the past. You couldn't try games any other way than buying the full priced game. Sharing files also is piracy. Listening unauthorized uploads of music is also non-existent.
In world A, there is no old games. They aren't legally sold anywhere and there isn't visible demand for them. Cult classics die after few years and no franchises bounce back ever again. Many indie stuff wouldn't exist as romhacks was popular. That is piracy in many ways. Youtube wouldn't exist nor do any kind of entertainment about videogames, be it non mainstream reviews of the games. Smaller studios couldn't get their chance in a world where only big boys rule. File sharing with internet wouldn't exist at all. So internet would be only used by military.
The gif in your post is a pirated unauthorized clip of the show you haven't gotten a legal permission to use. You are an immoral sinful person.

Attached: 1dee3b2ef1608cafdf4c302024a20cd7.jpg (637x900, 214.99K)

No, it's not paradoxical at all. Just because there isn't an incentive to do it a company could still create and charge for a game. There is nothing precluding this from happening.

>pirate vidya
>go to hell
>"heh, been training my whole life for thia"

Attached: 3a7bf5cd84ad03be48fdf2bebdb8da82.jpg (790x1200, 134.26K)

>pirate all of the games
>regret spending your life playing games
checks out

Nigga you really think an omnipotent being that created the existance itself can be fooled by you trying to abuse a loophole? Its obvious that you should genuinely repent, feel remorse for your actions and ask for forgiveness.

>Go to hell for pirating games
>Become an actual pirate in hell

Attached: 4827873918_dc89533860_c.jpg (800x600, 482.39K)

Are you retarded?

Why did you write all this cope at me? Why can't piratefags ever present a logical argument?

Are you? You did not present a paradox. It is not impossible for a company to make and charge for a game in such a world.

>tfw pirated my baptism
Get fucked losers

Attached: interracial-man-ascending-to-heaven-76040469_1.jpg (1300x867, 123.14K)