Jenny

Jenny...

Attached: 960B36BB-75EC-44BF-BFC7-E97358AD4262.jpg (1280x720, 106.59K)

Oh can’t you see

Should The Darkness 1 be considered an immersive sim-lite? It’s certainly not an RPG, but it’s got a nonlinear hub world with lots of realistic NPCs and all the fights are made to feel totally organic with free use of your powers and the world physics to kill people.

Explain

If you didn't watch the entire To Kill a Mockingbird film with Jenny then you DID NOT BEAT THE GAME.
Please, God, make a third game. I need to know what happens after that monumental cliffhanger.

And I just kept runnin, and runnin, and running.

>didn't port the first one to pc
gay

Attached: 26FE45DA-C994-4A8F-855C-1F15AFB7265F.png (500x522, 136.91K)

Everything about The Darkness just meshed together very well
Soundtrack was 10/10
Art direction was 10/10
Voice acting was natural which lent to the immersive quality of the game.
Perfect length for a story driven fps
Gunplay was whatever but the kills felt brutal enough.
I hated the arcade feel of the sequel despite enjoying some of the story beats.
The first one is a treasure and it's CRIMINAL it didn't get a PC release

It’s hard to explain. The first time I played through this game I got major Deus Ex vibes. Despite ostensibly being a straightforward shooter The Darkness felt like Starbreeze put so much effort into every little detail the game felt extremely “immersive,” more so than Bioshock released shortly thereafter. I sort of had this feeling with Riddick but The Darkness amps it up to 11.

I only made it to the part where he goes to the wwi trench does it become a hub world after that??

i like the early 2000's subway atmosphere

>Lite
Yes. It's pretty much a spiritual successor to Riddick.

Where did the SOVL go in the sequel?

Attached: feels.webm (1280x720, 1.66M)

Thanks

I loved her soo fucking much...

It's seriously sad how virtually nobody has topped the Starbreeze immersive presence. Just seeing your shadow while you walk in a non-combative manner makes it feel like you are controlling more than an avatar for the player.

Attached: legs.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

>Just seeing your shadow while you walk
I love that stuff in vidya

I wish I could be even half as good at voice fuckery as Mike Patton is.

the voice acting in this was insanely good. It's like having Sopranos and Godfather meshed together in terms of quality

real fucking crime that it's not on PC

Attached: 1470868113632.jpg (400x358, 89.75K)

>I remember the night of my 21st birthday

CRAZY ABDUL

The story always stays linear, but after you “return” the subway exits all open up and you can start taking optional side quests from NPCs that bring you through areas you’ve already seen. There’s also a smaller hub-ish area later on in the region you’re currently in.

Skinny Nathan explosion

Ooh but do you go back to the wwi hell place thing or do you just stay in NYC throughout the whole game
Actually forget that I don’t wanna spoil it for myself but I’ll keep playing