What's the best open world?

what's the best open world?

Attached: file.png (1500x775, 979.85K)

The best game: MGSV TPP
The best world: TLoZ Links Awakening

ER, by virtue of not having combat as abysmal as most open worlds.

Attached: ranking open world games.jpg (1456x572, 233.1K)

GTA 6

You posted it

Red Dead 2 outdoes RDR1 a bit by being a great cowboy simulator but a pretty mediocre story. Though they should have given you more open world activities to do.

Attached: 1392869591377.jpg (1080x1080, 154.41K)

Kenshi

Breath of the Wild.

RDR 2

RDR2 for its realism
BotW for it's design

KCD for both.

>rdr2 has no weapon variety
>non complex enemies or gameplay mechanics while praising fucking ER
Lmao, now I know this is bait.

I really enjoyed Ghost of Tsushima when I played through it. That's probably because the last open world game I played was Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I imagine if you've played a shit ton of ubishit then these kinds of games blend together and become a chore.

Genshin Impact, clearly.

Attached: file.png (1010x504, 913.97K)

Also educational.
I didn't even know what the fuck Cumans were until I played the game.

Attached: 1392751663433.jpg (477x298, 114.29K)

All I use is Schofields and the henry repeater because cowboy

Elden Ring

Sorry but not sorry. Tis be de truths

Attached: 20220510010226_1.jpg (1920x1080, 457.54K)

is that cow ok

you posted it

It's amazing. I played this game in 2020 and was absolutely floored by the world and the graphics. It felt like real life.
Now I load it up today at 5k highest settings, and all I see are the technical flaws and how basic certain things are. Take foliage for example. Go up to any bush or tree and really look at it. You have huge flat polygons for entire branches and leaf offshoots. It's PS2 tier. And yet even with all these optimized meshes and low detail foliage, it still runs like dog shit. We have such a long way to go before we can even approach the level of geometrical detail and physics of reality. And worst part is, we're reaching a brick wall in terms of technological progression. Transistors can't shrink indefinitely. There is a hard limit and we're very fucking close to it. Decades of progress all finally being halted by the laws of physics.

Am I the only one who prefers RDR1? I love both but something about the first game grabs me in a way that 2 never could.