I'm finally taking the plunge bros and building a PC. Been a console peasant 25+ years...

I'm finally taking the plunge bros and building a PC. Been a console peasant 25+ years. What are some things I should know or look out for ?

Attached: 1653982145816.jpg (705x390, 191.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BL4DCEp7blY
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw
youtube.com/watch?v=dzn3Yt64bHU
youtube.com/watch?v=-KwP1oFN9iE
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Start by learning the basics. Learn what each part is and what they do. This will help you both build and maintain the PC.

Godspeed, Polyblank

Godspeed

make the cable management look nice or you will hate your build and it will all have been for nothing

Do not forget to check the compatibility of your hardware components, i think pcpartpicker does that for you btw.

dont bother with fancy clear side cases and RGB. any non faggot will just tuck their PC case out of view.
dont be those faggots that have to put their case directly next to your monitor/mouse/keyboard.
I know a lot of you guys do that here.

youtube.com/watch?v=BL4DCEp7blY

>asking Any Forums for PC building advice
LOL

Attached: 1640760341526.jpg (656x461, 51.01K)

I put my monitor on my case

Why

I did this and regret it. I wish that I went with a clear side to see the parts moving, looks cool desu. RGB isnt that big of a deal you can turn it off anyway.

Cramped. No desk.

Get Intel 12th gen and Nvidia to save yourself from the pain that is AMD's and Radeon's odd quirks and software issues

Not OP but I am in a similar boat. What are some things to know about AFTER you build. Like once you're all settled in are there any software or tweaks to make besides drivers? House keeping things

show us your tits

just get a new intel processor with a mobo that uses hdmi 2.0 or display port and forget about the graphics card or ram or any of that.

All you need is:
>120fps / 1080p or 4k@60 monitor
> fiber
> cpu made in last 5 years
> mobo with connectors capable of driving freesync display
and pay $20/mo for geforce now.

literally retarded for buying a gpu right now.
you have to do the geforce now thing on a windows pc though to get the 1080p/120 4k/60 options; and it runs like shit on other platforms anyway.

If you have Nvidia install Geforce Experience for driver updates, recording software, instant playback up to however many minutes.
Install HW Monitor or some other temperature regulating software, stress test your PC, and keep an eye on the temps to see if its properly cooling. Temps for both cpu should never really exceed 80.

Get exclusively AMD to save yourself from Shintel and NoVideo’s jewry.

>Temps for both cpu
and GPU*
>exceed 80
80 C* christ its too late
also for the stress test just download 3d mark's free benchmarks.

actually geforce now can't do freesync your watching a 120fps stream; and neither can intel integrated but it doesn't matter.

all you actually need is hdmi 1.4; any mobo/cpu combo made in the last.. i dunno long long time.

Use MSI Afterburner for monitoring your GPU
You can also use it to overclock or undervolt your GPU but as you're new to gaming PC, don't even consider it until you've read about how it's done and associated risks and headaches

disable botnet
oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Heres some

youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw
youtube.com/watch?v=dzn3Yt64bHU
youtube.com/watch?v=-KwP1oFN9iE

Thanks

Thank you

you'll also need this
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64

It’s Lego. Put like 6 bits together. It’s not hard.

Make sure that the motherboard you want supports the CPU you want. Not just platform, but bios revisions. It’s not that big a deal if you’re buying right now I don’t think, but I know for a while when 3xxx and 5xxx Ryzen CPUs were released that while they were technically ‘supported’, if the board was manufactured a while before then the bios would need updating before it could work with the CPU. Not hard to do, but in order the flash most motherboard bios you need a cpu in it already.

FSR 2.0 looks about as good as DLSS 2.0 so don’t worry too much about nvidia or amd for the GPU. Most emulators use Vulkan if that’s your thing so Nvidias much better OpenGL performance doesn’t matter so much.

Gaytracing is a meme.