Regular release (both physical and digital) only has 4 games

>Regular release (both physical and digital) only has 4 games.
>Limited release version than can only be order via strictlylimitedgames site and is mostly already sold out has 21 games on it.
Why?

Attached: Wonder-Boy-Anniversary-Collection.jpg (748x1032, 305.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis_Classics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When was this announced wtf
Are the two monster boy games they remade included?

They pulled a similar stunt with the Monster World IV remake and I feel like it really hurt that games perception, why the fuck are they doing it twice

>21 games
>Wonder Boy only has 7 games in its franchise
What?

Attached: 1653594269604.png (346x357, 169.1K)

Nope, the regular version only has:
Wonder Boy (arcade), Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder in Monster World, and Monster World IV.
The limited release version has:
Wonder Boy (arcade,SG-1000, Master System / Sega MARK III, game gear), Super Wonder Boy, Revenge of Drancon (Wonder Boy), Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade and Master System, both Western and Japanese versions), Super Wonder Boy: Monster World, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, Monster World II (Dragon's Trap), Monster World II: The Dragon's Trap(game gear), Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
(Arcade, Mega Drive), Wonder Boy in Monster World (Master System / Sega MARK III, Mega Drive / Genesis), Wonder Boy V: Monster World III, Monster World IV (both western and Japanese versions)

Holy shit

Attached: ASS.jpg (600x493, 50.34K)

So, has Sega completely given up its stake in the Wonder Boy series to the creators?
The Switch version of Sega Genesis Classics oddly doesn't include the Wonder Boy games that all other versions of the pack has, so this might've gone down in 2018.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis_Classics
Did the recent remake of MW4 have a credit to Sega anywhere? I didn't pick it up.

Oh neat. So now we have 7 monster boy games on modern platforms? I didn't know they even made that many.
Most of the "extra games" are just the regional/console variants of them but there's still only about 4 games total in the collection

You can still buy a SEGA ages version Wonder Boy in Monster Land, also the Clockwork Aquario release had Sega in the credits

It'd be one thing if the regular version simply didn't have all these variants of the same games, but they don't even include Monster Lair at all?

Not really, some of these ports are really different from one another and they are still excluding some of the console exclusives in the regular version

Its missing Lair and Dragons Trap, yeah

That's what people seem to be the most upset about

Who is the base version even for? Normies don't care, and fans would notice shit is missing.

They probably want to trick people into double dipping

What the fuck

She really needs more art

>So, has Sega completely given up its stake in the Wonder Boy series to the creators?
Yes

>Why?
Here are my 2 cents on the topic: They probably didn't include Dragon's Trap in the regular version because the remake basically includes a retro mode and is still readily available on the eshop as well as in physical form. The real shocker is the lack of Monster Lair, which makes me think that Monster Lair is the next game in the series to receive the remake and/or sequel treatment with the original game being somehow included as a bonus offering.

Or maybe they want to sell the other games as DLCs for the regular collection