Saw a thread with Any Forums calling Ever17 the greatest work of fiction ever created

>Saw a thread with Any Forums calling Ever17 the greatest work of fiction ever created
>Whenever Any Forums talks about Umineko it's just Any Forums complaining about how much they hate it

Attached: umineko 3.png (452x640, 514.07K)

>VNs are games
lol

Any discussion about Umineko is gonna sound negative just because the things it fucked up are so interesting and strange that it invites a lot of debate. Whereas the good things it did like "the music is cool" or "the atmosphere is great" aren't gonna get a 3 paragraph analysis. Either way I don't think anyone actually hates it, just feels that it's got very high highs and some low lows.

Like a lot of great VNs, has great pacing and dialogue and a lot of retarded explanations for things.

I was told in the thread you just mentioned that Umineko is popular on Any Forums now and that it has frequent threads. I've never seen "modern Any Forums" discuss it so I'm a little nervous to see what will happen in this thread. I don't know that I have much discussion left in me personally, I kind of said everything there was to say over a decade ago.

Attached: IMG_0842.png (1059x1080, 626.42K)

Also to elaborate, because I love talking about Umineko, so why not. The problems Umineko has largely center around two characters, Yasu and Ange. And while I think both of them added something to the story, and made sense to include, their roles could have both been massively cut down and their characters could have been handled a lot better. It's always interesting when the flaws in a work could have easily been avoided yet the author created them anyway. It makes you wonder what about these two characters the author found so interesting to focus massive chunks of the story on even though nearly everyone who read the story hated them.

What was it about the autistic fat girl with imaginary friends that pushed Ryukishi to write half the story about her after a certain point.

I think we need an influx of new players, because it has already been thoroughly discussed in Any Forums

>Whenever Any Forums talks about Umineko it's just Any Forums complaining about how much they hate it
Are you delusional? If you ever complain about ANY aspect of this VN you have an army of retards regurgitating their catchphrases ("goat", "without love it cannot be seen" etc.)

>I've never seen "modern Any Forums" discuss it
Lurk a lot more. There is a daily thread for fuck's sake.

I just came back from a long break. I left back when zoomers and tourists ran the board and 90% of it was e-celeb boot licking and the mods did nothing. I just randomly came back because some user on my steam friend list linked me a thread here.

>5 hours in
>Literally fucking nothing happens besides a bunch of pedos talking about that one girl's tits
This is the most embarrassing shit I've ever read, does it seriously last 100+ hours?

I love Umineko.

99% of the breast talk is that one scene
also you're close to the kino toxic family dinner

Always do the opposite of Any Forums. If Any Forums shits on something and hate it, more likely than not the game is actually good. Any Forums would rather be contrarian than like things that are good.

I just finished Raging Loop and wanted something similar.
Where do I start? Is there one release that contains everything?

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 328.35K)

Ange a shit!
Maria a shit!
Shannon a double shit!

Keep going, there's a single mother abusing her daughter later on, you don't want to miss that.

Any Forums is full of contrarians with bad taste

People get filtered by VN's a lot and Umineko is especially good at that since its a wild ride of twists and disinfo.

I bet there are people in this thread that unironically think Shannon is Beatrice or that Yasu is a real person. lmao goats.

Any Forums is pretty heavily in favor of Umineko except for like 5 contrarians that shit up every thread saying it has trannies in it because they haven't actually read it

Every story has exposition. If you aren't ready to just enjoy the ride, Umineko isn't for you and you may as well drop it.

The Zero Escape series is way closer to Raging Loop and the first 2 games are great. You only need "The Nonary Games", the third game/Zero Time Dilemma is mediocre at best and only worth playing if you really liked 999 and VLR.

I hate Umineko for the simple reason that it takes far, far too long telling the story. The sheer amount of tedious, unnecessary fluff is madenning.