Fucking coomers

Fucking coomers

Attached: 1622573716851.jpg (1131x1280, 416.85K)

I like both.

Attached: 1623005161147.jpg (832x1000, 84.05K)

marco is so hot

they all look like shit

bottom is objectively hundred times better

literally soul/soul

both look equally kino

both are good

OP, do you realize that the girls look cute in the concept art and they only look like that in SOME of the select screen art because those are supossed to be propaganda posters?
Also Metal Slug Tactics never

Attached: Eri_&_Fio_Swimsuit.jpg (2084x1044, 513.69K)

>whitewashing

I don't think the updated version is so bad but Fio definitely fails to capture the dopey, almost dental anesthetic look of what they were going for with the original. That said they also changed up both Marco and Tarma to be less outwardly ghoulish. Original Marco has these jaundiced, sunken, pinpoint eyes that remind me of a thousand yard stare while Original Tarma looks so emaciated that his cheekbones appear to be trying to escape his face. The new versions dial this down to an appropriate level because with modern fidelity I guarantee they'd both look like zombies. The real tragedy is the loss of that warm yellow-orange lighting that compliments the also gone wrought iron select screen. Everything looks very solid, industrial, and metallic in the original, reinforced by the metal doors that slam shut when you pick a character. By contrast the new one looks like any other character selection screen.

Attached: Official SNK art.jpg (640x480, 66.4K)

Attached: Metal_Slug_4_.jpg (1440x1008, 145.29K)

Attached: metal-slug-3-windows-screenshot-character-selection-screen.jpg (1360x1024, 215.4K)

They still kept the needle nose, so I don't see the problem. Women should look cute in games.

Attached: Official Metal Slug 4 poster.jpg (800x800, 164.06K)

Now THIS is soulless

I thought the whole point was supposed to be this exaggerated,;Burtonesque corpse-bride look.

old fio looks like a stoner

>Propaganda posters are meant to make everyone look as bad as possible
>Tarma still looks like a chad
Team Metal Slug in KOFXV when?

Attached: 7bb441377ceac27ba74b70fc.jpg (767x1000, 142.38K)

Yes we know it's soulless reddit shit do we really need this thread every single day?

literally SOVL vs souless

holy shit

Would -YOU- fuck up the image of a man who routinely wipes out armies with just a pistol?

>liking generic anime tier
kys

what kind of name is Tarma?

Nadia a cute

that's why we love her

The name of a man who likes tanks.

god i hate chink mobage glossy art

That's definitely what they're going for with this select screen but it's odd because IIRC it's just like this for Metal Slug 3/X. And then the game itself is very much more a cartoony, early Warner Brothers style exaggeration. Soldiers' mouths open as wide as their heads when they spot you, the enemy general gets blown up and his clothes get destroyed, leaving him in boxers, etc. Tim Burton's style, especially for the Corpse Bride era is very much trying to evoke an uncanny valley feeling to make you slightly uneasy because The Corpse Bride was a love drama. But Metal Slug is a much more obvious comedy in-game. Though, to be honest the tone of the Metal Slug games has always been a bit weird. Like when you get killed by a zombie attack and your character slowly gets back up in what is actually a really nicely done animation of a barely-held together corpse moving. Then your grenades become vomit cannons and you fight a giant crab with an artillery piece on it's back.

Probably best not to pick apart the exact style because it's likely the developers were just throwing in whatever ideas they thought would be cool to animate and fun to play.

You shouldn't. There's such a thing as good redesigns but that mobile game is not a good one.
This is also not great. The guys look decent but Eri & Fio look too cutesy.

MS4 is so weird because in all ways outside of the devs actually holding the rights it's basically a fan-game. It's got ideas and characters that don't appear in the other games, way more sprite reuse, bosses that use regular enemies to distract you because they couldn't give the boss more animations/attacks. It's weird in that it's certainly not a bad game but it's clearly the worst mainline Metal Slug (and worse than the 3 handheld games to boot; even Metal Slug 3D seems an overall better package from the footage I've seen).

Attached: Rebel.png (95x137, 24.28K)