Link's Awakening Switch

Born in '89, so never really played any Zelda games before Ocarina of Time. Only top-down Zeldas I've ever played were Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

My question - If I get the Switch version of Link's Awakening, how different is it from the original, other than the obvious visual changes? Would I somewhat be getting the experience of playing the original?

Attached: 2188F1B1-198E-493E-9793-D37940334417.jpg (1400x1400, 364.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_DCsrRmQGTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Would I somewhat be getting the experience of playing the original?
you're getting an arguably better soundtrack with a ton of quality of life
only con is some fps drops during screen transitions

In the original the screen didn't scroll while moving, instead when you reached the side of the screen you would then switch to the other screen. On Switch the entire world is one huge scrollable overworld, and you can see outside the edge of the
In the original every item had to be equipped as an item to be used. Now some items have dedicated buttons (such as your sword, shield and boots) so you can use them while having other items equipped.
You can now attack and block diagonally.
There was a sidequest for taking pictures in the original, it's gone on the Switch but was replaced with a sidequest where you create your own dungeons.
The game is obviously different visually but it also gives off a different atmosphere overall as most of the enemies are redesigned to look silly and the music was remixed to sound funkier.

You'll be missing the soul

I played both and unless you have nostalgia to the GB version just play the Switch version, it's cool af and a really good game

more heart pieces, more secret seashells, the dungeon crafting mini-game

>soul
Black ppl?

I was born in 1990 and Link's Awakening on the OG Gameboy was the first video game I ever played.

Attached: 2W2Wp4H2_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32.78K)

>funkier
I havent played the remake but I recall the forest music in the gameboy version being pretty funky already

Most of the differences are in the graphics and the fact that the world is seamless as opposed to scrolling like the older game. The soundtrack is also re-orchestrated, and surprisingly the remake has terribad slowdown in certain sections. Overall the remake is great though, unless you don’t like the art style.

Yeah. I guess my parents didn't get me a system (N64) until the late 90's, so I never had an OG Gameboy and experienced those games. First Gameboy was the color one with Pokemon Red/Blue.

>Born in '89, so never really played any Zelda games before Ocarina of Time
But I was born in 1990 and played all 4 games that came before OoT.

It was my neighbours copy. He let me play it on my older brothers gameboy. I didn't get my own gameboy until the gameboy color and Pokemon Gold for my 11th Birthday.

I always through it was strange that my best friend, also born in '89, had experienced even SNES games and such. That's because he had an older brother though who showed him all that shit. I didn't have any game system until '98 or so.

>how different is it from the original, other than the obvious visual changes? Would I somewhat be getting the experience of playing the original?

>widescreen support
>gameplay now scrolls rather than flickscreen
>QoL improvements to the Gameplay
>New Quests
>New Modes

Its the definitive version of the classic game.

DUNKEY JUST REVIEWED THIS
IMA WATCH IT
YOU SHOULD WATCH IT

Reminder that LTTP/LA Link is not the same Link as the Ages/Seasons Link.

>1 sentence

Is it lame to just name your character "Link" when creating a file? I always did this because it feels weird to see game characters saying my name in the text boxes.

?

Find your answer here
youtube.com/watch?v=_DCsrRmQGTQ

Five makes a paragraph. Four is sometimes accepted.

My parents always got me shit used. Every kid got their Super Nintendo, so their dumb moms were throwing out their Nintendo during garage sales, so I amassed a collection from that for dirt cheap. Only negative of this is that I missed out on series like Kirby for whatever reason.

i saw the video too!

The Oracle games would fit perfectly between ALTTP and Link's Awakening chronologically and was the original order in the first timeline Nintendo published, but it was later changed because of one (1) sentence in Oracle.

The Zelda Game And Watch has the actual original game on it plus NES Zelda I&II

It's awful. The game looks good but runs at 15fps with constant stutters. It also feels soulless. The only bonus content is literally collecting funko pops of other Nintendo characters

Zelda didnt know who Link was in the oracle games

Exactly. One (1) sentence.