Why are Zoomers obsessed with Sonic?

>Scott the woz
>j's reviews
>ls mark
they all like sonic more than any other platformer mascot. Why is that?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1219x622, 113.91K)

Nobody cares about your eceleb bullshit.

Because Sonic is good

>2 hour long video essay

Attached: b80.jpg (1440x1715, 104.97K)

cuz itss gooood nigga

>people are unironically starting to think 06 was good

Zoomers? Nigger do you not know of deviantart?

Give it a few years and people will say Sonic Boom was an underrated gem

but Millenials like Mario more than sonic

>2-hour long video just to say that you like a game that is universally-agreed to be objectively bad

Attached: 39249294.gif (320x383, 2.85M)

BlazeHedgehog's been around since the 90's, he's not a zoomer.

>2hrs of mental gymnastics vs. 11min review
Interesting.

I’ve always liked Sonic more than Mario.

inb4 Sonic Frontiers: It's no masterpiece

>Why Sonic 06 is good
>Zoomer perspective
We need to jail Zoomers until we figure out what the fuck is going on with them.

buy new glasses

Yep, realized my mistake as soon as I posted. I'll see myself out.

Goldmine of contrarianism and "hot takes".

Mario isn't popular with kids. My friend has a 7 year old and he said flat out "mario is less popular than pacman, sonic is the biggest."

Because they grew up on Sonic adventure ports, sonic heroes and unleashed and the gba games and the ds, etc.

Modern sonic is shit but it got an amount of content and coverage that classic plus with all the shit you wanted on the internet.

Classic sonic was marketed aggressively for its era but you can't really compare.

but what is it about sonic that they like? mario has better platforming

I think mario's scope is wider. Adults don't really play sonic games anymore.

Honestly this toxic positivity is going to suffocate discussion far worse then irony bros and angry video game reviewers ever did.

Just ignore the autists. The 2D sonic games provide a kind of momentum based platforming that even thirty years later it's hard to think of many games that have ever even attempted to emulate that style. And ironically while the Adventure games are much less interesting, they do allow speed at times that is almost never seen in 3D platformers, and the Chao garden represents a really interesting blend of two very different game genres.
Anything else is pure autism. Only autists who are high functioning and able to have 9 different layers of irony are able to enjoy Sonic beyond 2D/Adventure without being retarded cringelords about it.

>Modern sonic is shit
It has issues but it's definitely not "shit"

it's comfy

That's the crazy thing, they do. Sonic Mania and the movies got tons of adults back into Sonic thanks to their kids. The only people my age I know that are into Nintendo don't have kids.

I already saw on twitter this morning that someone was already claiming that the Sonic Boom designs were nice, retracting a possible statement in the past about how they were shit.

It was tho. Have you seen the concept art for that game? I honestly think sega should be BEHEADED for messing with the original Sonic Boom.

That's a different animal. Sonic Boom may have been a terrible choice and a mediocre game but there are multiple parts of 06 that softlock you out of the game with a very reasonable chance. The game was more than just buggy, it felt unfinished. That game alone practically ruined Sonic's legacy.

Why do people keep defending the game that ruined the series?!

Toxic is a faggot word unless you're describing chemicals. But otherwise you're right. I think it's hilarious that Zoomers discuss video games as "communities"

I like showing stray cats the video of that Bingus Evolution cat, and they always get scared. That cat exerts alpha male energy.

>Make flagrant clickbait
>People get mad and share it with other people
Youtube didn't change

Attached: 4-0123-00-.gif (1080x608, 1.06M)

It had ambition.

Autism unironically
Sonic games are mostly mediocre

The gift of autism just keeps on giving

It's been 5 years and now I'm unironically seeing people claiming that Forces was good. I even replayed it 2 days ago, and somehow I hated it even more.

How many years until Forces is seen as a misunderstood masterpiece and there will be 2 hour long essays about how impactful Forces is?

Attached: jjk.png (726x323, 48.08K)

Because it's ironically more juvenile than sonic. Mario is appealing in general because it doesn't alienate toddlers, and plot is so thin that adults can enjoy the platforming and joyful setting.

Sonic on the other hand has some kind of plot and characters that are more complex than Mario's that can catch older children and young teens more, but it alienates the fuck out most older people because it is nonetheless pretty fucking dumb and unfunny.

t. classic sonic fan

I'm an older zoomer that was born in 1999 and as soon as I discovered Sonic, I ditched Mario. I've been a Sonic fan for life ever since. Mario is a much polished and consistent series but I find it nowhere near as interesting as Sonic. I also enjoy the best Sonic games way more than any Mario game. I like going fast

ambition doesn't mean shit when the final product ended up awful

Sonic's more popular with the kids, particularly because of the movies.

Also, the 2000's had quite a lot of content to consoom if you were a Sonic fan(the Adventure duology, Heroes, Shadow, 06, Unleashed, the Storybook games, the Advance trilogy, the Rush games, X) and that's around the time most Zoomers were kids.

Attached: sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-original-design.jpg (1000x606, 59.84K)

It used to be that franchises were just franchises. Then they became communities. Now it’s individual eras or even specific games that spawn communities. I absolutely expect fanboys to unironiclly rally for special minority privileges within a decade or two

Liking something and thinking something is good are completely different. You can like a game and acknowledge that it's bad which is what the video on the right does anyway.
>toxic positivity
reddit is that way pal

he's cool

he blue

It was okay compared to most platformer fodder of the mid 00s, but it was a shadow of its former self by that point.

I would say only sonic Mania got back the adults into sonic, because of 2 reasons.

1. Elegant, simple to get gameplay
2. Less plot and not attempting character development in any way.

Basically, because it's more like mario. And the movies are enjoyable for what they are. But the boost games and the adventure era is pretty unstomachable by most adults. It's not that they're awful games, but the setting is too alienating.

Why the fuck are they targeting Generations of all things? The one modern Sonic game that was well received on launch without controversy

Toxic positivity predates reddit buddy, and talks about shit like pretending polygamy isn't a problem, and was particularly relevant around loose sleeping during aids, which is the ENTIRE reason it didn't stay an exclusively gay male disease.

Depends on if the games continue to get worse over time.

This actually makes me curious, among people that hate both, what's the consenus on which is the worse game?

A shit take since Forces is just Generations 2: Marginally Worse Physics and a Character Creator

I respect Sonic 06 more than Sonic Forces.

>The one modern Sonic game that was well received on launch without controversy
What about Colours?

Attached: sonicbreakscycle.png (600x450, 412.82K)

why?

06 can be funny bad on occasion especially Sonic’s portion. Boom is horrifically boring at times especially post patch where it got rid of all the funny glitches like Knuckles flying

Sonic 06 tried to be ambitious. And it succeeds unlike Sonic Forces me to Cum.

'06 was hilariously bad, Boom was just boring, which is arguably even worse.

I fucking hate Zoomers. They are all like normies on steroids. It's funny how much the ethos of the internet has changed, where before it became mass adopted and people grew up inundated with it, the internet was seen as a way for people to finally give voice to a bunch of shit in mainstream culture that they didn't like. You could criticize sacred cows or promote the under appreciated. Now these fuckers use faggot words like Toxic and tell you that you're committing "violence" when you criticize new games, and they always love to defend anything they like with shit like sales numbers instead or talking about how popular it is. Zoomers really are the worst of all generations.

>Scott the woz is obsessed with Sonic
If that's the case than is he also obsessed with Mario or Donkey Kong considering he's done more videos for those series.

>1. Elegant, simple to get gameplay
Yes.
>2. Less plot and not attempting character development in any way.
No.

Sonic games wear their world, characters and story telling on its sleeve. Mania is no different. Mario games are the opposite, sort of disconnected non-comittal stories often forced for an unskippable cutscene that exists to basically dump players into a level selection. Nobody likes them, but Sonic is beloved for its story and world. It's precisely why it's so successful today while anything Mario that's not a game is handled with trepidation.

I have a 12 year old daughter, she loves gaming, and she literally never gave a single fuck about Sonic until the second movie came out. She's watched it 4 fucking times. She watched the first movie twice. She's playing the old games on our Series X.
It's some glowie shit let me tell you.

Attached: glowies.jpg (480x466, 32.88K)

Yeah, I noticed that there's plenty of "Sonic 2006 is great" and "Sonic 2006 is a underrated masterpiece" video on Youtube uploaded in the last few months

Attached: Sonic Adventure 2 alt costume.png (735x970, 471.08K)

>I would say only sonic Mania got back the adults into sonic, because of 2 reasons.
No there was only one real reason as to why and it was because it was the last Sonic game to come out in 6 years that was actually worth playing. Lost World had simple gameplay and no plot but nobody liked it. By 2017 most of the people that grew up during the adventure era were already adults

People did not enjoy Sonic mania because it's like Mario, they enjoyed Mania because it was actually Sonic for a change

Egoraptor was right when he said that Sonic Adventure was exactly like Sonic 06. They're both glitchy garbage with questionable gameplay and ideas.

Attached: 1650380137323.png (600x600, 219.55K)

>Zoomers really are the worst of all generations.
That's what you'll be saying about Gen Alpha in 15 years.

>Egoraptor

Attached: okb.jpg (299x174, 14.55K)

Because Sonic has the most juicy material to talk about compared to other gaming mascots.

"toxic positivity" a direct response to the post-ironic "everything is bad" culture

I like Sonic 06, but I don't "defend" it. I mostly like its batshit insane plot, aesthetic, and some of its level design. I'd never call it a good game because it isn't. People who actually like Forces can fuck off though. I found it amusing for one playthrough but it has very few redeeming qualities. I don't understand what there is to like about it, outside of story content being a bit funny in how bad it is, but the plot isn't entertaining like 06's plot is and its also soulless

Calling it a gem for “what could have been” is retarded. By that logic any shitty game could be considered a hidden gem since it COULD have been good

the only part about the sonic community that I like is how much the older audience hates the younger audience

Attached: csls.jpg (1280x720, 127.64K)

ITT : another thread where delusional Sonicfags somehow believe the deviant art factory is more popular than Mario

>Egoraptor

I haven't played Sonic 06 yet (although I did buy it when it was recently relisted for 360) but something I think is really cool is how Silver is playable. Always thought he had a cool design and his backstory about being from the future seems interesting.

Bros, what if the Mario movie turns out to be shit?

Zoomer video games are soulless shit now, so even shit that came from a soulful era seems unappreciated. And yet Zoomers will seethe at you when you tell them that 90 plus percent of modern releases are dog shit, and they will say all old games are bad only to find some old game they like and then act like they "discovered" it. Fucking worthless generation. Zoomer males should be sent to Ukraine to die in a meat grinder and their females should have their human rights removed.

>someone discovers something they weren't actively aware of and loves it
>"glowie shit"
You might not realize this but not everyone is born with knowledge of Sonic.

Zoomers are currently the biggest consoomers and their slang is horrible, but like many other generations that came before them, some of them will start to mature and realize how obnoxious they were being.