SimCity 3000....home

SimCity 3000....home.

Attached: simcity_3000__.jpg (1600x900, 449.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qkXOxLpdMds
youtube.com/watch?v=HR9Ed883xws
youtu.be/SrDqC9bFAMc
youtube.com/watch?v=nDJzf5jqccw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Playing Kingdoms and Castles rn, pretty comfy

I mean, it was okay

Attached: simcity.png (1920x1080, 3.81M)

been playing simcity 2013, quite comfy to make overpopulated cities with mega towers

>there will never be a sim city 4 open source version that fixes all the issues
Why live?

this and the sims 1 are the only OSTs I care about

3's pixel art was perfect. 4's looked too much like 90's CG with ghoulish lighting

youtube.com/watch?v=qkXOxLpdMds

Attached: SimCity3000.png (1280x1024, 798.93K)

Yep... now THAT was a game...

Attached: 1609518282174.png (624x951, 891.26K)

>have a utopian paradise with low crime, good service coverage, low pollution, a sustainable waste disposal program , low taxes across the board and plenty of industries like the space program, military complex and the particle accelerator
>notifications boxes swamped in praises with the occasional business capitalist and poorfag crying about the rates being too damn high
Every fucking time they should be thankful that they aren't living in Magnasanti.

It's times like this we need a Rollercoaster Tycoon type Disciplinary Lake. Just grab the whiners and dunk em for a while til they learn to respect what you've built.

The ticker in 3000 is pure soul and makes the Chirper from Cities Skylines look like total shit in comparison

i like how large parks broke the game.

What do you mean? I always used small parks to be honest

I grew up on SimCity, but Cities: Skylines is so much more comfy.

Attached: Screenshot_20220530_114105.png (1535x772, 1.48M)

build 9x9 block, drop large park in 3x3, fill rest with residential zoning, boomer, luxury houses and your tax revenue just balloons.

youtube.com/watch?v=HR9Ed883xws

Why did so many of these games have such creepy undertones?

Attached: 1492440932836.jpg (250x236, 4.9K)

ew, that is NOT a good looking game

Based and recreationpilled

>Always gave my Mayor's House its own lane out to the countryside with a fancy road with trees and decorations

I disagree, it has empty look about it

If you grab the CSL Music Mod and the SC3000 and SC4 music packs then Skylines is vastly improved imho

Interdasting... I'll have to try that next time

Attached: 1631219347988.png (799x757, 878.03K)

I present...
youtu.be/SrDqC9bFAMc

Magnasanti fits this well

Attached: a03.jpg (560x420, 104.54K)

>the rich provide more taxes
fucking lol

I never played this even though I loved SimCity and RCT as a kid, was it good?

>that gap in the roads
reeeeee

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could argue that Planet Zoo isn't superior in every way. A lot of the issues that people have with the new Jurassic Park game were exactly the same as in Zoo Tycoon.

Infrastructure is a certified club banger

Attached: 1631428304664.gif (530x620, 2.69M)

Planet Zoo is like 20 years newer though, it ought to be more advanced

I miss Sim City 2000

Yet, people argue otherwise. A real head scratcher.

SC3k's utility management is dogshit. Remember how SC2k had the option to automatically replace power plants when they expired and just charge you the cost of the new one? They actually regressed and removed that feature. They also added tons of new utility buildings, so once you have a larger city, half your time is spent using the query tool to check power plants, recycling centers, garbage incinerators, water treatment plants, and water pumps to make sure none are about to turn into piles of rubble.
To make it even worse, any water-type utility building that turns to rubble also takes out the pipes underneath, so you might have a water treatment plant that blows up and then the whole city loses access to water. People move out in droves before you even know what has happened, so you have to either build your population back up slowly or just reload a save.

>reload a save.
scum

It has a bit of noir to it, but otherwise it falls in line with 90s music.
Its not Primordial Dream
youtube.com/watch?v=nDJzf5jqccw

why is cities skyline so soulless

Leaned too hard into simulation, and not the joy of simulation.