You guys always complain but never do you guys actually talk about what makes an RPG good

You guys always complain but never do you guys actually talk about what makes an RPG good.

So tell me Any Forums. What makes an RPG good? What does actually good RPG mechanics in a video game look like versus one that is shallow streamlined garbage for filthy casuals?

If I do not get answers in this thread then you guys have admitted to me you know nothing and do not actually even know yourselves what you want out of the genre. I guarantee all you losers really want out of these games is cringe worthy loser incel shit like hot waifus. You guys yourselves bitch about shallow RPG but yet like these games anyways. Prove me wrong shitters. Prove me fucking wrong.

Attached: 18834f0d45517dc871a533b7260378ad6308954142e2a2e88ab9e768c08cfef9.png (1024x556, 613.06K)

Just play Gothic if you want to see what a good rpg looks like

You write like a fag so I'm not going to tell you.

Just play gothic or enderal
or you could reply with a shitty fucking post with nothing of any real meaning
rpgs in general are shit because they don't understand a game without a immersion is shit and if you can't draw a player in to begin with means you fucked up badly

What makes an RPG good are twofold

>Variety in creation
>Consequences for your actions

The first is obvious, but the second is often dumbly understood as "durr quest have good and bad options." It doesn't end there, this also includes the inherent RNG of dice rolls. In a typical tabletop, a successful or failed roll check means an entirely new scenario can unfold. This is well beyond the scope of modern video games, you missing a fireball isn't going to vastly change an encounter, just slightly prolong it.

RPG video games slowly but surely gutting stats and RNG from the equation is killing any chance this genre has of reaching its peak.

>Any Forums
>complains about skyrim
>yet skyrim is the highest selling wrpg of all time
>still gets tons of mods
>something that casuals aren't even aware of since they can only into consoles
>the game is still even selling
>Any Forums will pretend like its only because of casuals and mods despite the fact casuals are not even into any modding scenes
>Any Forums will pretend like they aren't the ones playing skyrim right fucking now using waifu mods when they clearly are

RPG is an incredibly overrated genre full of some of the most insufferable fans imaginable. You guys are liars pretending to be hardcore and you guys lack truly refined taste. All the so called "hardcore" RPG you guys claim are great you don't even like or likely never even played. Meanwhile RPG like Mass Effect 3, Skyrim And BOTW have sold gangbusters despite being so called "shallow" RPG experiences. Also yes they seem to consider Zelda games to be RPG and nobody ever challenges this.

>What makes an RPG good?
>world feels alive, it isn't centered around (you), life goes on even if you do nothing, npcs have their own adventures
>characters you interact with remember what you said and did
>your choices matter, but they aren't the only thing shaping the world
>you don't have to roleplay as "good" or "evil", morality system is complex and gives you lots of options, evil actions can lead to good results and good actions to bad results

take your meds

>but my shitty action games with level ups
meds

>Nexus mods reports 1.4 BILLION downloads of all Skyrim SE mods since its release in 2016
>For context, Steam reports an active playerbase of 18K right now
>Averages anywhere between 18K-25K depending on time of day
Do you know how many downloads the average player has to accrue for this to even make sense on a logistical level?

>gothic
I never played this but apparently there is a remake coming soon. What are the chances it won't get pozzed and it will actually be decent?

FPBP
Gothic was such a great game

the remake doesn’t look good. Play the OG. make sure to save a lot, you can’y savequick btw

Don't wait the remake, it will suck. Just play the original. Gothic 2 is the real treat, but the first one is required.

>Andrew Shepard
>Andrew
You didn't beat the game.

>play the original
I will, thanks

I like Fallout 3. Travelling in that game is pretty comfy once you have enough money to make your own house on Metatton. Stick of Truth is also a great game even if technically you can’t roleplay that much outside of joining the elfs or the humans at certain point
Witcher is nice but doesn’t get kino until last chapter

Any Forums's idea of a great RPG is something with abominably bad gameplay and 20 different dialogue options every time you talk to an NPC that all amount to the same thing regardless of which one you pick.

Name 3 rpgs good by your standards

>implying I don't think thief is a great rpg
okay retard

ME3

Attached: 15890437349.jpg (600x500, 51.99K)

ah so undertale is your favorite rpg
your goat mom will never be real

>meaningful choices with actual consequences
>the possibility to playthrough as vastly different characters, both when it comes to their personality and playstyle
>good replayability, playthroughs should ideally be largely different from each other
>writing, setting and atmosphere that's at least fairly good
>ideally high immersive qualities
Those are the most important things