Why is gaming now so...Overwhelming? Like you have to wade through piles of stinking shit to find a few good gems...

Why is gaming now so...Overwhelming? Like you have to wade through piles of stinking shit to find a few good gems. Hundreds of games are competing for your attention and while they may look appealing on the surface, once you download the 100+GB to actually get in they're just bland, or the devs missed the mark mechanically, or it's clear they focus tested the game way too hard that it was stripped of any soul it clearly could have had, and you just uninstall, waiting for the next thing to catch your eye, but nothing ever satisfies that gaming "itch".

Attached: 1f6.jpg (600x600, 44.6K)

just play old games bro its not worth the trouble anymore

this, also occasionally indies

That's why I just play old games. My console ownership was limited to whatever friends had back in the day, so anything PlayStation is completely new to me. It helps if you're not a zoomer and can actually remember the era and appreciate it, I don't know what a younger person would thing about a game like pic related.

Attached: 16915-gungrave-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1146, 178.27K)

Yeah bro just live your delusions fueled by nostalgia while shitting on anything new because it's /OUR/ way of doing things

Just play indies

>nostalgia
i never owned an snes growing up but have had more fun playing through its library than any of the shit released in the past decade, same with dreamcast, ps2 the list goes on. enjoy your "new" """"games"""" zoomie, i'll certainly be enjoying mine

This has almost always been the case. You faggots who pretend that the old consoles didn't have a vast library of shitty games really need to go back and look at the list of games on the SNES. 60% of that consoles library is absolute garbage because since the Atari 2600 people have been pumping shit out too scam kids out of their allowance.

How do you know? You literally didn't play any of them

The hobby and the medium is more popular than it's ever been, and game development is more accessible than ever, with dozens of easy to learn engines and assets ready to buy and drop in if needed. Naturally this means that there's lots of opportunities to make money, and lots of opportunities to showcase your vision for a game. The AA space is dead, but only because it's largely been supplanted by the absolutely massive indie scene. This is a problem across most hobbies right now, honestly. There's so many shows coming out that even the most dedicated Any Forums fan couldn't make time to watch them all, and a quick visit to /tg/ will show how overwhelming the board game and TTRPG market has become. All you can do is try and find reviewers that your taste usually lines up with and do your research, because as much as it sucks to spend 70 bucks at Gamestop or whatever to try the latest AAA whatever that failed to capture your interest, it's nowhere near as painful as spending 120+ for a game that just sits on your shelf, taunting you with never having the group to play it with, or just being bad and not being able to shunt it off onto some other poor schmuck.

>the market is larger than in the past
>surprised when there are more shit releases
it's basic laws of proportionality, you autistic ape.

Why? Because companies realized video games can be cash cows so big AAA are carbon copy trash copies of each other with microtransactions. Tech has gotten so good that any tranny with a computer can make an indie game that's an "allegory about depression" or some other gay shit, and just copy each other too

there are still good games but the problem is that every AAA game needs to be le open world

For like $50 you can buy a handheld device that will play every retro video game out there and store the NES, SNES, Genesis, GameGear, and Gameboy entire romsets on a storage medium the size of your fingernail.

Sorry guys, can't hear you bitchin' about other shitty games while I'm reaching 500 hours on ER.

because all games now follow a formula of what is popular, trending, and what will get them the most ESG
there is no soul in gaming anymore, it is merely a way to make money, that is why you need to play old shit to get anything good

Attached: 1354017968835.png (739x1748, 274.99K)

They were saying this about books 200 years ago, my guy.

The barrier to entry has been completely demolished, it no longer requires effort and passion to make a video game. It used to be a small group of nerds putting their heart and soul into a game. Now it's either corporations hiring 100 people to make a cash grab, or one guy developing in Unity with assets and code he never had to bother making himself.

Plenty of shitty games and shovelware existed in the past and you're just looking for an excuse to not play games.

they really have to make "how to make a soulful game 101"
but I wonder what the topics are going to be

Attached: teacherPepe.jpg (259x195, 6.41K)

>HowdoYouKnowit'sShit.jpg