Isn't this just FNAF?

Isn't this just FNAF?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 90.05K)

not really at all no

So its not about children possessing robots?

It's from a company that made minecraft animations on youtube stealing the idea from another game dev who "took inspiration" from fnaf, which then they proceeded to market to children to milk because kids don't know any better. Anyone over the age of 12 that plays this is retarded.

is this sonic?

>Pseudo-tower defense game where you manage power, constantly checking halls and the environment for signs of animatronics in a run down pizza place until 6 AM comes
>Light puzzle game where you explore an abandoned toy factory, running away from malicious toys by sabotaging/fixing various bits of the environment to escape

They obviously both tap into the whole innocent-childhood-thing-but-scary deal, but otherwise they couldn't be less similar. I mean even at a glance, one game you're locked in place, the other you actually move around/explore.

You know, there's no denying that they're basically jumping an trend, but you know what i really like about Poppy?

The toys actually look like fucking toys. Literally every single time there's an "Kid's toy is monster" thing, they make all the designs ultra-creepy, to the point it makes you wonder what kind of idiot decided "ah yes, this is what a kid will like"

In poppy's playtime, the characters actually look like kid's toys. Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long-Legs, Poppy...

No. There isn’t a single instance of this in the series.

I'd unironically say the animations are pretty damn solid too. The way a lot of the "toys" move are really well done. Like, how Huggy Wuggy's arms flop all over the place when slowly walking, but then are used to fucking scramble through vents at mach speed after you looks great.

Don't really give a shit about the game because it's just another horror game where you solve braindead puzzles while running away from monsters, but there's some decent shit in there.

good morning

>In poppy's playtime, the characters actually look like kid's toys. Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long-Legs, Poppy...
Well that's because they get sold as toys, right?

No, it has actual gameplay

Yes, this is also it, they actually behave like their stupid lanky bodies would. They don't magically ruin like superhumans like in FNAF Or other stuff. Kissy Missy even has a hard time flipping a switch because her arms are basically spaghetti.

Honestly, this is why i think Poppy is the best game to come out of this trend. It's cheap, yes, and the developers are just trying to cash in on zoomers, but there's actual quality there

the way they animated the big blue thing was really good
literally couldn't say it any better

Attached: 1653624385031.png (1196x624, 144.95K)

That's not the point. Have you looked at those other games? The children characters don't look like they belong.

I mean, look at FNAF 2, which is supposed to be child-friendly. Who in the ever living fuck thinks that creepy-ass puppet thing is child friendly?

It's amazing how every thread that starts with a banner image of the game is brimming with posts straight out of a script. The bullet points are so artificial it almost hurts.

Attached: 1646155721909.jpg (2000x1348, 211.7K)

I don't know, I appreciate what FNaF had going for it originally. I was in the first few threads when some russian fuck was streaming this "niche indie horror game" he found, with tons of people flipping their shit and making fanart on the spot. FNaF had fantastic animations as well in spots. Like, Foxy running down the hallway is still freaky as shit since every other animatronic just kinda appears, or maybe twitches on cameras. The art direction and sound design also sold the game pretty well. Obviously FNaF got turned into this craze where now the most recent game isn't even trying to be scary in the least, but I respect what was done in the past.

Not to say Poppy's Playtime doesn't have some really good animations and attention to detail. Like you said, the fact that the taller pink Huggy or whatever initially struggles to pull on the lever, having to try again to actually get a grip on it, is a nice show of consistency to what the toys are.

I would say the game has enough to be one of the "better" games to come out of this trend, but it's not like the competition is fierce. You've got this, FNaF...lots of terrible indie projects made in a day the abandoned. The fact that this game at least has minor puzzles is nice, I guess. Still hate how everything is just running away, listening to some dumbass e-celeb act out an audio clip, then solving a puzzle that takes seconds to figure out. Hopefully they put some more effort into it all going forward.

>posting even passing praise about video games is wrong think
the absolute state of Any Forums

Nah this is actually fun compared to that garbage

Is Sonic a blue nigger?