To think that, after Elden Ring, Bluepoint's DeS might be the last non open world Souls game

To think that, after Elden Ring, Bluepoint's DeS might be the last non open world Souls game

Attached: Demon's Souls PS5.webm (1918x1080, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bK61dhXRZR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can something be so technically incredible and yet so aesthetically off the mark?

The enviroments were ok mostly, it's some armor and NPC designs that were bad

I went back to it after Elden Ring and I can appreciate it so much more now. I don't even care about the weird art style changes that much anymore.

Souls combat, control scheme and gameplay doesn't make sense for Elden Ring
In Souls you are immersed in a short journey and you play as a class
It's short and focused
Elden Ring should have completely changed combat and in fact it has pacing and replay value issues

It really is amazing how it's both really beautiful but completely fucking soulless and aesthetically wrong.
youtu.be/bK61dhXRZR4

Call me pleb but I like the "sci-fi" sounds, especially because DeS blurs the line between magic and science

>I LOVE GRAPHICS AAAAA WHO CARES ABOUT GAMEPLAY WHEN GAME LOOK GOOD XDD
This is you. Style over substance, that is bluepoint in a nutshell, while breaking games

>blurs the line between magic and science
huh

You know what's crazy about this? It's not the magic (which is far worse in the remake) but the ambient sound, which is completely lacking. I've noticed this a lot with newer games.

Damn this game looks much better than ER.

Holy shit I just got to the faith part of this video and they missed the ENTIRE POINT. The guy is supposed to be PRAYING to use his FAITH based spells. Jesus fucking christ.

>remake replaces the magic sounds with sci-fi laser gun noises and gives them all overdone grunting sounds, like they're squeezing out a turd instead of casting a magic spell

Attached: 1542707622024.png (813x607, 994.86K)

i'm vomiting just looking at it

Did you play it?
Literally all of magic comes from the Old One

You really think theres a market out there for wattered down and rushed empty world games??

There has been for a while, Ubisoft hasn't gone out of business yet.

>because DeS blurs the line between magic and science
wat?

All it took was a couple failures and they're now scrambling to sell their company off to investment groups.

idk what you guys say, this game looks beautiful

Technically, but as a remake it fails on every level.

Elden Ring and Dark Souls have exactly the same kind of "open world". The difference is that Elden Ring decided that all the main areas needed to be big and open like some rare areas in Dark Souls (the worst ones). But overall, Elden Ring is still a set of areas with their own styles connected by bottlenecks to neighboring areas.
It's a totally different open world concept than games like Skyrim or Zelda BOTW, which try to create more of a borderless world idea so the bottlenecks are much rarer and you really have access to pretty much anywhere you want at any time you want.

The only bad thing about the remake was the first npc being made black because Sony

that literally makes it worthless, taking another man's work and being given the chance to take care of it and you race swap a character to get inexistent woke points

Elden Ring will also be From's last souls-like game.

We /mecha/ now.

this. it's fucking pointless