I love the Steam Deck, but the battery is really it's achilles heel...

I love the Steam Deck, but the battery is really it's achilles heel. It's fine in non-intensive games but if you're playing something like Resident Evil 2 Remake, then even at 100% you get maybe 3 hours at most. This wouldn't be so bad if it had quick charging, but it doesn't. So I'm playing it for 3 hours then charging it for another 3.5 hours.

Attached: 1632686423363.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_NmS-Wy2lE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there will be some battery pack bullshit you can slap on the back of it eventually and you can bing bing wahoo your entire car ride or plane ride.

Battery life varies between games.

Valve even cares about our health and is trying to get gamers to enjoy some breaks to do chores work exercice this is such a game changer

You can get massive battery banks these days, and they even make brackets that attach to the back and don't get in the way of the controls or anything. Barring that, you can just play all your games on low, 500p 30fps if you are really concerned about battery life. The battery is as good as your willingness to play with shitty graphics.

>It's fine in non-intensive games but if you're playing something like Resident Evil 2 Remake, then even at 100% you get maybe 3 hours at most

My OG Switch (the only one that can easily be hacked) can barely get 3 hours while running something like Binding of Isaac and barely over 2 hours in BOTW, my 3DS gets around 3 hours while playing MH4U and my Vita also gets around 3 hours while playing almost anything.
My laptop can't even run RE2 Remake on battery because it throttles so hard once you unplug it the FPS tanks to 15.
So what exactly is the problem? Did you expect a 400$ device capable of running PC games to have better battery than what a 4000$ 15 pound "gaming" laptop has?

Well I kinda expected quick charge to at least be a feature. It's so common in phones nowadays I'm kind of confused why it wasn't put in the SD. The battery life wouldn't bother me so much if I could charge the battery in 15 minutes.

>Well I kinda expected quick charge to at least be a feature.
Quick charge generates a lot more heat because of how it works, which is the last thing you want for a gaming device that can already reach 80C-90C in some situations when it's under 100% load.
Putting quick charge on the Deck would be the dumbest idea imaginable.

bots can write but they still can’t understand what they read

No, it doesn't have to generate the heat in the device. The Oneplus series of phones generate the heat in the AC adapter rather than the phone, so that's not a problem anymore.

Not a steamshill but what portable doesn't croak after 3 or so hours? Every commute in the developed world has usb ports these days

>The Oneplus series of phones generate the heat in the AC adapter rather than the phone, so that's not a problem anymore.
Bullshit, I have a Oneplus 7 Pro, and it gets insanely hot when quick charging. And if I actually try to charge it while it's running anything demanding (like Honkai or Genshin) it will become so boiling hot I can't hold it in my hands for more than 2 minutes.
That's the last thing you want in a handheld gaming device.

Well I've got a Oneplus 6T and it never gets hot while charging sooooo.... yeah.

doesn't it already pack a battery that just barely complies with laws for lithium ion transportation?
do you want them to ship a literal bomb to your doorstep?

Every single phone and electronic device gets hot while charging, except phones are extremely bad at cooling and dissipating heat since they're very tightly packed and small so it's very noticable on them, you're literally claiming your phone defies the laws of thermodynamics and physics if you say it doesn't get hot while charging, it's like claiming you're getting fat while consuming 0 calories per day.

Dude it's literally on their website, and in their official documentation. Stop pretending like I'm spouting psuedoscience or some shit. If your phone is really getting "boiling hot" while charging, then there is likely something wrong with it. Again, I've had multiple OP phones, and none of them have gotten remotely hot while charging, let alone "boiling hot".

Attached: 1631623651465.png (1252x394, 396.41K)

Deck charges from 0% to 100% in ~2h, 1h gets you from like 15% to 80%

>posting bullshit marketing tricks
Bro, listen to yourself. You're claiming that supplying more and more electricity and energy to the battery which is INSIDE THE PHONE will somehow not heat it up and not heat up the inside of the phone because of power adapter which is outside the phone. Read that again until you realize how dumb that is and how you fell for a stupid chink marketing trick.

If you still don't get it, start here:
youtube.com/watch?v=F_NmS-Wy2lE

>so energy inefficient that it loses charge even while plugged in
Hard pass for me, Any Forumsros.

>>so energy inefficient that it loses charge even while plugged in
You're supposed to plug it into the wall, not your ass.

I'm not claiming thermodynamics isn't a thing, but however their technology works, it works. It doesn't matter how many youtube links you send me.

You're full of shit. If you emulate windows in order to play a game, you most certainly will lose charge even when plugged in. It's in all the reviews. It's the main reason I'm not getting that piece of shit.

user, charging is basically forcing voltage through the battery. It generates heat. Period. And the higher the voltage, the higher the heat. It's that fucking simple.

Anons want the steam deck to be small, high performing, cheap and have an insane battery life to boot.

Then maybe don't come out with a handheld that costs more than a laptop but is worse in every way to one.

0/10, probably the lowest effort troll I have seen since the stick drift spammer

Maybe learn thermodynamics and the limitations of batteries. Chemistry, motherfucker, do you speak it.

>3 hours
My nigga, limit your FPS and or CPU TDP.
You have no excuse to not fine tune shit now that per-game performance profiles are a thing.

Attached: 1653842539223.jpg (1200x860, 582.34K)

Do it, then. Play a game on gamespass and see your battery dwindle to nothing. I'm not the one with deep regret, I never bought it.

>that costs more than a laptop but is worse in every way to one
Are you the same faggot as Or are you two having a competition is lowest effort shitposts?

bruh

Dude you can hook a full set of gaymur peripherals via a dock and it still it still won't discharge faster than it's charging. The goddamn power supply has a 5W overhead over the whole system.

Attached: 1653805318528.png (421x614, 456.23K)

I literally have one and it doesn't do that

Can you play whilst charging?

I’m really loving mine, is it normal for Dolphin emulator to have a bit of stutter across all games? It’s not unplayable but most games have lots of stutter and frame drops early on in levels and during cutscenes. I get a warning saying “you are using NKIT isos that are bad” or something along those lines. Did I download shitty roms maybe? All of my GameCube tons are in nkit

probably but like with anything it'll heat up quite a bit and probably throttle

>NKIT isos that are bad
NKIT is an archival format. Aside from removing garbage data it also moves around where the files are on the image which will actually fucking with loading. Just use normal ISOs if you want the best performance.