First time I play a Fire Emblem

First time I play a Fire Emblem.
I'm in part 1 and I've done a few battles. playing on hard with permadeath.
How does permadeath work here? I mean you start the battle with like 10 people. if you let them all die you are like just you and Edelgard vs tons of enemies? the game would become impossible at that point.

Also right now I'm autistically resetting every time one of my students die. What's the point of enabling permadeath then you ask? Well to raise the stakes a bit.
It does get a bit frustrating though. I just resetted a 10 minute battle because I ran out of charges of the power granted me by the feetslut green goddess, Dorothea would keep getting one shotted no matter what I would do. Am I playing it wrong?

Attached: edeltard.jpg (2550x2552, 409.03K)

>he chose edelgard's route
oh nonono

she is beautiful. I love her.

I love my wife Bernie!

Attached: Bernie(1247).jpg (1000x1414, 244.6K)

Don't put Dorothea in enemy range, pleb.

Its better implemented in the older games where you have higher deployment slots and get more units with overlapping roles that join, so a death can easily be replaced with someone else to fill the same niche.
3H gives you way too much investment into each unit to make permadeath work in the same way as it used to, since chances are you won’t have built up anyone to fill in the same role as whoever dies.
So yeah, just use your turnwheel whenever someone dies. Game is easy enough on hard anyway

>Dorothea would keep getting one shotted no matter what I would do
Ask yourself why do you keep putting her in enemy range. You did this to youself

>I mean you start the battle with like 10 people. if you let them all die you are like just you and Edelgard vs tons of enemies?
Not quite. You can recruit students from other houses into your class, and they scale in level depending on where you're at in the story. The simplest recruitment method is to attain a B-rank support with the student (eat meals with them, return their lost items, sing in choir, etc.) and they'll ask to join your class at the next study session. Since you're playing Edelgard's route, you won't be able to recruit the following characters whatsoever: Dimitri, Dedue, Claude, Hilda, Cyril, Catherine, Gilbert, Seteth, and Flayn.

The real issue with iron-manning 3H is that, since you have limited slots, you won't be able to train everyone you recruit. If someone dies, you're forced to substitute them with someone much weaker, which is a huge pain.

It's not about letting your characters die and gunning on, it's about forcing you to play more carefully. Trust me, if you play the game on Normal where you can just kamikaze units into the stage boss without giving a fuck to wear him down and lose nothing it's a completely different game. Hard+Hardcore isn't what I'd call difficult but even Hard+Casual is full on game journalist mode to say nothing of Normal or Easy+Casual.

3 Houses is the worst FE game for permadeath because of how few slots you have and how poorly the distribution of new units is handled.

She canonically does not love (You).

Cutesythea

Attached: FT0sgRyUUAAUXjp (1).jpg (868x1228, 186.67K)

>ties garment around her self to make her mosquito bites look bigger
Lysithea is a joke

Attached: 7485FBE5-DAFC-402C-8101-E1484FE99BFF.jpg (600x806, 116.8K)

Canon

Attached: 20210520_220628.png (276x276, 77.1K)

Three Houses wasn't made for permadeath. It doesn't even try to offer a supply of replacement units over time like old games do, you might as well just play casual mode or get used to resetting because the gameplay isn't doing you any favors.

How does Edelgard wipe after going poo?

thank you all.

another question: how should I use free time? I noticed that the games makes me choice between a battle, doing random activities in the monastery, and seminars. Also if I choose to explore to see if there are new quests, I lose the ability to choose the other options.
Until now I have gone randomly. What's the most efficient method?

Permadeath is an outdated mechanic that only exists because it's tradition. The game is clearly not designed around the idea that you won't just reset every time someone dies.

New stuff only appears once a month so you don't need to explore every time

Will we return to a more readable UI and units?

I found really hard to read the models of my units on the battlefield. I feel like the series peaked with conquest.

>Will we return to a more readable UI and units?
I thought I wasn't the only one. 3H's UI sucks.

Explore is usually the best option to take, maybe Battle once a month especially if you have some kind of sidequest that's unlocked that requires it. Once your professor rank gets higher, you can do multiple battles in a single week, so it gets a bit more useful, but that's all the more reason to Explore instead to level your professor rank more.

The best use for your time when exploring is to go to the greenhouse each time and plant something (since it doesn't cost any time), and inviting students to eat. That'll get you a lot of professor points, and it'll refill motivation on your students + build support with anyone you invite. Invite anyone you wanna recruit too, if you get them to a B rank support, they can randomly just decide to join your house on their own, or it'll make the requirements if you ask them to join lower if you don't want to wait on that.

Never do seminars or rest.

>if you let them all die you are like just you and Edelgard vs tons of enemies?
yes
>the game would become impossible at that point.
Eh, depends. Edelgard can literally clear out most maps by herself, and so can byleth. Most lords can. But generally speaking you should not let it get to that point.
>Also right now I'm autistically resetting every time one of my students die
That is generally how most people play, yes. Even with the advent of casual mode.
>Am I playing it wrong?
Letting your squishy units get in range of enemies is bad. Fire emblem is a game of continuously assessing and dealing with the most pertinent threat. At the beginning of each of your turns, you should be asking yourself "how do I kill as many of the enemy units as possible while also keeping mine safe?" Getting one attack off on an enemy that can kill your unit and then just leaving it to attack your units is generally going to come back to bite you in the ass very quickly.