Is he the only black character that Any Forums likes that isn't the "WACKY BLACK GUY" trope?

is he the only black character that Any Forums likes that isn't the "WACKY BLACK GUY" trope?

Attached: file.png (960x960, 1008.28K)

no

name 3

He is foremost a character.
The only instance his color being mentioned was when kenny assumed he could pick locks

CJ
Louis
Demoman who is instead a wacky scottish guy

The reality is a majority of Any Forums has no problem with black people in games as long as they're based and cool like Lee Everett, Coach, Demoman and Avery Johnson from Halo. We don't like it when they're shoehorned in and there just to tick boxes and diversity quotas, people can tell from a mile away when something is inorganic, soulless shit and that's the type of thing unironically ruining brown characters in games.

>im telling the truth, i love blacks, i just hate niggers
yawn

demoman actually has a lot of black culture, after all, his dad is gone.

You can also complain about Larry being racist but then you'll get an awkward moment later on where you get called out for pulling the race card, which shows it was a product of its time

That's not what I said though

Big Bo.

Attached: 2150947-as.jpg (1280x720, 51.37K)

You forgot about the niggest. Shameful display.

Attached: artworks-000348133989-jsywwu-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 47.35K)

Venom
Nagoriyuki
Elena

Lee
Anderson
CJ
Big Smoke
Fat Larry the ladies call him "oh,god" but you can call him Fat Larry with a F-A-T 'cause he knows he has a weight problem but he doesn't give a fuck

I've never really understood this because, as a writer or character designer or whatever, isn't the race you make a character always a conscious choice?

what's the default race then?

white

I'm pretty sure Kenny also implies something when you tell him you were going to jail.

No, but he's definitely the best black character in gaming. Yeah yeah, his game just a movie? How's that different from every other recent "game" in the west?

>make everyone cis white male in script
>then diversify latter
Or just remove instances where their identity is important

Attached: cover (1).jpg (300x300, 18.49K)

Just look at the Gears franchise
>You get a stoic white guy
>A latino man
>A black guy
>And a blonde white man
The story never makes it about their race, the fact that the games take place on not-Earth helps to distance itself from real world politics and mindsets

Most often when devs shoehorn a black person into a game, they make them as ugly as possible. Other notable characteristics are afros, dreads, huge lips and bulging eyes. See Cere Junda from Fallen Order.
>but aren't those just black characteristics
Yes, but again, that's what an average black might look like, not a Hollywood one. Almost all western games have the white or asian characters be prettied up as possible, yet they won't do it for blacks for whatever reason.

Fuck you Cole is giga based

Attached: cole-train.jpg (960x605, 110.2K)

>He is foremost a character.
Any Forums usually hates that though

user, that's how the actress looks.

>The reality is a majority of Any Forums has no problem with black people in games as long as
Any Forums has no problem with white people without any further qualification so don't tell me this isn't about race

no, they turned her into a bug-person

Attached: cere-600x338.jpg (600x338, 24.35K)

God did that. Shame on you.

I don't hate black male characters. I just hate "strong black women" characters. And really just women in general. Most black guys would agree with this statement.

Attached: 1635158835427.gif (320x300, 3.04M)

what about shiva from resident evil 5

I never played RE5.

no he just worries/freaks out about the possibility of lee being a pedo

you should.
it's peak brown and bloom kino