Do I need to play the other games to understand this one?

Do I need to play the other games to understand this one?

Attached: xenobladechronicles3_pc.jpg (1290x726, 141.26K)

No. People keep claiming it but watch it have little connection to the others just because Melia and Nia are there.

maybe? I don't know? 2 was its own story, separate from 1 but set during roughly similar time period. i am not xenoblade lore master

Probably not but it will help. You'll also miss a lot of cool call backs and references likely.

Is that Travis?

Supposedly you can go into as it's own game according to what they've said thus far, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was also initially shown to be unrelated only to pull things together with 1 in the late game. It doesn't help that we've already seen two legacy characters in the initial trailers for this one, but I'll say that if it's anything like 2 you can probably play it first and then go back to the older games to get the greater context of things.

But you should play them. 1, 2
and X are great RPGs.

Attached: 1650206855044.png (730x733, 582.57K)

No, but it's episode 3 and there are characters and concepts from episodes 1 and 2 in it.

Probably, yes.
You probably want to play Future Connected too.

How much do i miss out on playing X offline?

Next to nothing

its its own thing but you'll probably get more out of it if you've played 1 and 2 first so personally I wouldn't say its worth to jump right into 3

You owe it to yourself to at least play Xenoblade 1.

It probably isn't essential, but it is what will give you the best experience.

Yes. I asked this question the last time around and everyone said it'd be fine but the ending was directly tied to XC1.

Not much really.
The online had two main things
>squad missions. Basically everyone in your squad got a mission like "kill X of this type of enemy", which would then temproraily unlock a separate mission which you could actually play coop online
>giant bosses, which were essentially just ways to test your dps, and they gave you tickets to buy some hard to farm materials

No, that's Takemaru from Super Smash Bros XD

Xbc3 is literally xbc1 and xbc2 world fused into one so of course you need the previous games knowledge.

The question is about xbc3, not xbc2.

I really need to get back to Xenoblade 1, i remember getting Melia and dropping the game.

Yes. This game sequel to both 1 and 2, even if it wasn't confirmed by devs. It's merged worlds from previos 2 games. There are a lot of old locations. Also there is 1 important character from XC1 and 1 important character from XC2.
You can play 1 and 2 in any order though.

You're roughly 30-35% through the game by the point you get Melia.

Attached: FTMivQYUAAEdzmJ.jpg (1296x1812, 292.79K)

Yeah, didn't really liked the jungle theme of the zone, Melia seems cute so maybe i will go back to it after i finish a couple of games and play xenoblade 3 when all dlc is out, don't want to burn out with xeno stuff.

Why was this bitch so annoying?

>2 year anniversary of DE
>2 months to XC3

Attached: FT2k_ZqVUAAfHo1.jpg (1924x1447, 1.75M)