Why is Pokemon Crystal so soulful?

Attached: Pokemon - Kristall-Edition (Germany)_1653831773603.png (160x144, 2.81K)

i had a glitch in pokemon gold that unlocked all the items you could decorate your room with including all the mystery gift items

i have no idea how it happened and have never been able to recreate it

What's the point of the first two games in the release if the third one always has the most content?

Being the idiot who plays thing first in the first month of release. You could have a point if you were a little kid and the pokemon fad at school would only last a couple of weeks.

because they're different in a lot of ways.

As much as I like Emerald, I honestly really preferred the idea of having either Team Agma or Team Magma being the only evil team in the region, which you actively have to fight against
In Emerald you're basically just being a centrist who waits for FUG to arrive and save the day

You think snorlax would be warm if you laid on him?

I hated the Crystal storyline and the early game Pokemon are worse than in Gold and Silver. Whoever made the decision to make most of the good Johto Pokémon catchable only on the way to the Elite Four or in the Kanto post-game was an idiot.

I had the same thing happen, I had been cloning pokemon for rare candies and master balls with the swap box glitch so I assumed it had something to do with that

gen 1 and gen 2 both have reasons to play the original version. the third version only made the original releases redundant with emerald and then platinum

It was the moving sprites that made it so good.
Still mad the gs ball event was locked away even though it was fully translated and working.
Also why the hell did it not have a border in stadium 2? There is even an unused border on the damn crystal cart.
They didn't even fix any of the issues with the fun pokeballs, but they did make it so you could give hoard the acorns and just drop them on him.
Strange all around.

I'd guess it wasn't compatible with Super Gameboy and that's what the emulator used to display the borders.

Agreed, it was such a tiny thing but it was really cool,I was sad gen 3 did away with them until emerald and they were lazy in comparison with alot of tweening

Attached: crystal1.gif (780x1200, 647.1K)

I loved the mystery gift and those plushies when I was a kid.

Attached: ThumbUp.jpg (398x500, 25.29K)

It just works.

Attached: crystal.png (958x3024, 119.24K)

I loved the little stand-in sprites they used for mons back then

Attached: 1361511970704.gif (354x286, 10.15K)

pokemon is for babies

SOVL

Stadium 2 already has a special loading screen for crystal.
It just feels odd that the game has nothing for its companion on the n64.

They remind me of those 90's scanner toys.

Attached: FNgaKXHXsAc8rkF.jpg (1842x924, 666.98K)

what romhack is that?
I thought it was polished at first but the tileset is incorrect

someone needs to make a pokemon game with those graphics and color palette but all pokes so far.

What hack is this?

Kill yourself Meghan

Attached: 1639256630498.gif (662x498, 1.41M)

theres kalos crystal which adds up to gen 6 but they are stuffed into normal crystal map/scenario

sour crystal

Getting to play the game during release are you an idiot?