What vidya quest does he give you?

what vidya quest does he give you?

Attached: 1602716225410.jpg (1174x1250, 546.3K)

Play a single game from your backlog

>get past the intro cutscene
>quit
>turn in quest

Attached: 1643519292366.gif (220x160, 56.5K)

>lost all my magic books in the woods
>go find them all and ill reward you well

>repeat quests

my backlog is empty

Attached: 1625140721534.jpg (1079x1080, 407.15K)

You don't get to blow smoke rings with him if you don't beat it

"Haven't had deer for awhile and don't feel like hunting, hunt me 30 deer for my dinner."

imagine being so powerful you could sing Sauron to death with little effort, but you'd rather chill in the forest with your hot wife and troll random travelers
most based individual in classic fantasy
his quest is to just like, chill bro

Is this really Tom Bombadil in OP's pic?
I'm pretty sure it's just Gandalf.

>i'm almost out of weed and i can barely keep my mind together without it, might engulf this entire valley in a firestorm if i don't get more weed, wouldn't be the first time... please help me, there is weed in the halflings hut, steal it from him, trade for it, kill him, i don't fucking care, just get me my fucking weed and i'll handsomly reward you
>[this quest has a time limit of two days]

but he couldnt though, his powers only worked in his forest. he clearly says this in the book

If you're talking about Tom, he's timeless, not powerful. If you burn down the forest he has to run away. The ring does nothing to him because he has no power and no ambition
Gandalf is on the level of the balrog, Sauron's minion, until his weird catholic promotion metaphor

finding herbs and plants, seems boring but the graphics and music make it comfy

Just go to the cavern over there and bring me a trinket that I lost there. Don't worry, you'll know what it is.

Attached: C4GzcSoWEAEMdDB.jpg (217x260, 22.47K)

>The ring does nothing to him because he has no power and no ambition
Nah, the ring had no power over Tom because he is his own master.
Plus, the chief reason as to why council of Elrond went against the idea of entrusting Bombadil with it is due to him being unlikely to give a fuck unless everyone in the world were to beg him - and even then he would have just thrown out the ring as soon as his limited ability to give a shit would run its course.

>Gandalf is on the level of the balrog, Sauron's minion, until his weird catholic promotion metaphor
Holy fuck, imagine talking about LOTR without reading Sil

>Nah, the ring had no power over Tom because he is his own master.
Both can be true. But I think every character is supposed to be playing a role set by iru iluvatar, so they all have a master even if they don't know it
Tom definitely lacks the power to take action that everyone else has. He can't get to Sauron and he definitely couldn't kill him

If Sauron walked into the forest Tom would mog him. What the fuck are you even talking about. Sauron isn't even Valar tier.

Did Tolkien ever explain what purpose Bombadil's part has in the story? Because every adaptation cuts him and it doesn't affect anything.

This. Gandalf as a Maia was the most powerful one of those that the Valar could spare - while Sauron himself was a Maia who only rose to prominence as a dark lord in the wake of his master being thrown out of creation.

never have I heard such a blatant lie

Nah, he is just a meme. He was a character he made for his kids and included him in the books for fun I guess. Would have been cut if he wrote the books today and had an editor.

There's no canon description of his power, other than that it definitely isn't compatible with the ring, and he can't destroy it either
I don't think he's supposed to be able to do what Gandalf does, he operates on a different set of rules

>Did Tolkien ever explain what purpose Bombadil's part has in the story?
Can't say for sure, because Tolkien kept Bombadil as vague as possible to the point where virtually any theory regarding Tom could be met with a "no, LOL". There simply hasn't been even one scenario that Tolkien would insist on being 'true' in Bombadil's case.

Yeah, Bombadil is a wholly separate category unto himself.
He has no father nor creator, but he isn't Eru either.
He is tied to the land, but he is no Maia tied to his attribute.