Grim dawn general

Grim dawn general.
Starting new character, need a farming character, not gear dependent (starting from scratch), that I can half pay attention to and watch TV as I play.
Advice?

Also general advice to become better at the game. I tend to start puttering out around 50-60 and have to start being super careful to not be deleted by bosses.

From zero, which class and skills to start farming for other characters?

Attached: 439-4398384_grim-dawn-png-grim-dawn-logo-png-transparent.png (860x441, 300.25K)

Dual pistol inquistor/demo, you melt everything in front of you.

>Advice?
vitality casters are pretty much the GOAT for little gear dependence
Aether casters like spellbinders are also insane
if you really want to faceroll then just play a summoner or possibly an auradin, or retaliation build but ret usually requires a little gearing
really grim dawn is a good game in that just about every mastery can do everything in the game HC, only real gear dependent shit you see on the forums are dudes that just GDstashed perfect gear to flex crucible times, that kind of building isn't really realistic or even necessary

also forgot to mention there are some nightblades variants that are excellent farmers due to being so fast, cold infiltrator and acid dervish are both really good on a budget.
>Also general advice to become better at the game.
honestly until ultimate you can pretty much get away with just capping resistances, but in ultimate you have to really think about your DA/OA and armor, check your chance to be crit by enemies, that's pretty much the only way you get one shot in this game. consider playing a tanky mastery combo like anything with soldier or demolitionist that have cheat death procs to get a feel for mechanics if you're getting frustrated with dying. don't skimp on consumes for ultra endgame bosses like crate and the nemesis bosses, they're not necessary but they make the experience much more enjoyable.

apparently 0.80% of grim dawn players have the achievement for shar'zhul on ultimate hardcore. am i a god?

>she played soldier
you didn't beat the game

I appreciate you guys!

I want to bash the head of crate entertainments skull in for deciding to make some faggot city manager that nobody wants instead of grim dawn 2, condemning the arpg fanbase to an eternity of diablo and path of excrement

kneel

Attached: 2022-05-29 01_45_21-Steam.png (929x85, 15.47K)

Or Inquisitor/Soldier. This will allow you two switch to melee effectively. Sometimes, you just gotta get up in their face and start hacking.

Finished it for a first time with a pure Necromancer just yesterday. Pretty neat game, will probably replay it.

>that I can half pay attention to and watch TV as I play.
This isn't really the kind of game for that. It's not an autobot farmer the way PoE is. It's why it never seem to click with that crowd. If you want a game to play itself, this aint it.

But plenty of builds basically play themselves, summoners and most soldier builds especially, doubly so if you're softcore. Poe these days requires a lot of buttons as well.

>GDstashed
Item Assistant is better for that I find.

Grimd dawn has retaliation builds and arua damage builds too user

These all still need attention not to get nuked into next week. They're just less attention critical to a kiting build. I was thinking more along the lines of the bot players. There's people out there right now botting PoE with builds designed to work with them on a spare monitor while they're doing something completely different.

You don't really have that in GD.

And by that I mean it's a good thing. GD has a huge amount of build variations. But if you're looking to bot a game, it's not for you kinda thing. It's thankfully remained cancer free.

I play with the mod that adds more classes to the game. I hope there will be even more classes in the future.

Op here.
Just go be clear, I don't want the game to play itself or to bot. But I don't want to glance down at my cat for 2 seconds and look up to see myself dead unless I'm min maxing 20 keys.

Think old school diablo 2. A few keys. 2-3. I love always on buffs and auras and like aura and pets make me rock hard, but I'm getting bored of pets and again, get deleted around level 60 sometimes for just glancing away.

Attached: 1653766097523.jpg (750x517, 52.26K)

Try a pet build, then, I guess. That will give you a buffer zone. To be fair, this game is at its best when it's a white-knuckle ride. And honestly, you shouldn't really be thinking of "farming builds" during your first play through. It's a great game, man, don't let the meta spoil it. That comes later. And anyway, I have 2 cats and I'm running a full kiting build. I just pause when I want to pet them or whatever.

This isn't my first play. I completely whipe my account when I come back. I think I have autism but I can't just pick up where I left off. If I let a character sit too long I just delete it.

When guilds war came out this was a blessing cause I deleted and remade like 45 characters before leaving the starting zones and ending up corner the market on copper. Like I controlled it and if anyone sold any on the market I bought it and upsold till someone with more time and autism destroyed my market.

Attached: 1651729864797.jpg (640x652, 63.02K)

Arcanist/Demo
Drop meteors on everything

Attached: Grim Dawn 2021.03.19 - 12.24.47.03.DVR.webm (1066x600, 2.92M)