Blue Reflection

I regret not playing this sooner. It's one of the most artistically beautiful JRPG's I've played in recent years. The soundtrack alone is 11/10.

Attached: Blue Reflection.jpg (4092x4092, 1.37M)

i feel like gust is a music studio that makes games for some reason. it's a shame that there isn't a decent magical girl rpg besides ffx-2 but oh well. enjoy it anyways bro.

If you like Blue Reflection you'll love the sequel even more, unfortunately the one area it's worse is the soundtrack but everything else - atmosphere, gameplay, environments, characters, character bonding, character raising systems etc are all orders of magnitude better. Did you watch the anime user? It's not required just curious

I love the second one just as much. Nice feel good series. Wish there were more (relatively) big budget rpgs there weren’t about trekking across the planet to save the universe. Seems like a dying breed.

I just finished the game last week, currently finishing Ryza before getting into BR Second Light (already have it). I will watch the anime as soon as I finish Magic Knight Rayearth which is the anime I'm currently on.

Neat, well hope you enjoy both the anime and the game, you've got best girl to see

Attached: FGfjGVUVIAEI1K2 (1) uta.jfif.jpg (1280x720, 139.38K)

right but how about the gameplay

Pretty basic, unchallenging even. But I'm fine with it, it creates a mood and atmosphere that I enjoyed very much.
I don't know what to expect, my favorite girls in the first games were Yuri and Chihiro; to be honest I liked all of them, but they were my favs.

Gameplay in the second game is massively improved

Good to hear. There were many things in the original that could use some expanding upon. Also, off-topic but I was mad there was no achievement for beating the Leuk boss.

Uta? More like puta!!

Attached: confused uta (1).png (718x829, 319.3K)

Perfect Sailor Moon games.

>ATB battle system
>improved
???

Attached: 1652371807179.jpg (724x720, 91.41K)

Turn based can be fine but it has to be interesting, the first game was so mind numbingly easy and basic on even the hardest difficulty that it was just unbearable. I can understand not liking ATB but there's no way you can say you enjoyed the gameplay in the first more.

God, I hate what the game did to Uta so fucking much.

I just fucking hate ATB with burning passion. I will take turn based combat with even fucked up difficulty over ATB any day. Hell, I will take even janky action battle system just like in Nights of Azure.
And yes, I do agree that second BR in some areas is better (like exploring, interacting etc), but battle system is just not fun or engaging to me.

The artwork is one of the most appealing parts for me. Kishida Mel has a peculiar style and I can't quite put into words why I like it so much.

Attached: Hinako%2C+Lime%2C+Yuzu+-+Reflector+Form+%5BConcept+Art%5D-1154655638.png (1131x1600, 2.37M)

I'm 50/50 on it, obviously I prefer anime Uta overall but they made her the most defining girl in the entire game, the build up to her reveal, her sadistic nature in other characters memories and the atmosphere change in the school when everyone is ostracizing and worrying about her. The theories about her were good too.

Attached: 90004890_p0_UTA_ENG.png (1200x2100, 1.91M)

I can understand that, feels like a preference thing to me but it is what it is. I'm going to sleep now anons so look after Uta

Attached: Uta Comic Reward.png (1061x1500, 2.3M)

Describe the improvements you think the second game has over the original without mentioning any that boil down to "it looks flashier" or the usual ATB brainlet cope of "it keeps me on my toes".

Happy for you, OP. Always glad to see someone enjoying these games.

Attached: BLUE REFLECTION_ Second Light_20220415205613.png (1080x1920, 1.48M)