Is there anything more soulless then emulation...

Is there anything more soulless then emulation? Not only is it illegal its literally taking the love and soul out of video games. If you emulate, you're not a real gamer., you're a disgusting greasy basement dweller nerd who only sees games as 1s and 0s.

TL;DR IF YOU DIDN'T PLAY IT ON THE ORIGINAL HARDWARE IT DOESN'T COUNT

Attached: intro-video-game-emulators-2022.jpg (1920x1200, 458.99K)

Old game prices are driven up by {{{Collectors and auction houses]]]. I just want to play games without paying a PS5 for every cart.

Its not really illegal its this weird gray area.

Emulation is not illegal. Distribution of games which you do not hold the copyright for is illegal.

Just kill yourself you fucking faggot.

Fuckoff talmudic piece of filth

I kinda agree, the best way to play old games oftentimes is modded original hardware (so you can run downloaded ROMs/ISOs, fuck paying 70€ for a 20 year old game)

Go back to /vr/ Grandpa

Attached: 384CCE43-E714-436F-B370-34B3F66D0074.png (480x450, 353.5K)

Riddle me this fellas: if I pay for a subscription service, would you say I'm entitled to emulate the games? This new playstation service is going to deliver a very subpar service where most games will be locked to inferior PAL versions, with no option to switch. They'll also constantly be taken away from you. I say we should have the right to emulate them at better resolutions and better quality in general. Is this wrong?

Legally, no. I don't know why you care, though. If you want to emulate then do it. You don't need to justify it.

If you're emulating anyway, then NOT paying for the subscription is the moral decision. Giving them money for their dogshit services is only encouraging them to make it shittier

the only games i play on original hardware nowadays are Wii games.
motion controls are fun, not just a necessity.

You're both right, of course, but I have this problem where I want to support a game if it's a game I like, but then the only way to support it is via a cheap and lazy cash grab, so it leaves me in a bind.

I had the same problem with Lunar: Silver Star Story and Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite. Could easily pirate both of them, but they're both still selling legally. Only problem? They're locked to the trash iOS store. And second hand markets are out of the question, I've had enough broken crap delivered to me by amazon.

So it leaves me in a bind. I could just go ahead and pirate everything anyway, but it wouldn't feel right.I'm sorry if I sound like a moralfag, but it's something I feel passionate about.

Of course, if it's by all means abandonware, like Ace combat or Mechwarrior, then all that goes out the window.

This is how I do it. I end up on emulators mainly if that's the only option left and I REALLY want to play the game. Otherwise it's OG hardware for me too (modded or unmodded).

oh o-k so playing it on virtual console doesn't count either?

All your favorite consoles and hardware will die.

>but I can repair them
The technology behind the consoles are basically lost and if you think for one second that Nintendo or Sony will give you the last parts they have for their old consoles you got some mental issues, in 50 years emulation will become the only way to play any old games unless you buy cheap chink off brands consoles

>Is there anything more soulless then emulation?
playing games on pee sea in general is soulless as fuck.

Attached: the big cringe.jpg (971x546, 118.92K)

just admit you suck too hard to build one

>Not only is it illegal
kys bootlicker, free games for life

>Is there anything more soulless then emulation?
A fat balding 30 year old buying like new copies of games he never played to put on his shelf in a collection pretending his was a fan of all along

Whatever you say seething filtered consolefag. I'll just go play doom while piss and shit

this loser doesn't listen to DMX everyone laugh at him

>getting a superior experience for free
SOULLESS
>paying a corporation to get a limited, sub-par experience
SOUL

Attached: file.png (720x405, 714.88K)

It's insulting that they would fall back on using the law as if it was legitimate. This is the same law that says you're not even allowed to use romhacks in your legally purchased video games.

Imagine getting thrown in jail because you bought a copy of Super Mario world, then ripped it yourself, then romhacked it so you could play as other characters. Isn't that insane?