It’s time to admit this game wasn’t that bad. Especially compared to every other FPS that was releasing at the time

It’s time to admit this game wasn’t that bad. Especially compared to every other FPS that was releasing at the time.

Attached: 188C20FA-4133-475C-B0A8-ECCC912ABA24.jpg (1510x1888, 1.36M)

Why do I have to see this every day

Like I said the last 3 times, it was EXACTLY as bad as the other shooters releasing at the time.
Only Serious Sam avoided the horrible butchering that was the 7th gen console-casualization.

The start of SS3 is horrible because Croteam was initially making a CoD-like game.

No, the game is magnificent, through and through. Also the game was originally going to be Croteam's pitch for THE Doom 4, but Bethesda cucked the tiny slav team and went to slowly make their tedious first-person cinematic melee finisher instead.

because you don't do anything else with your life

Surprisingly, barely anything from that game actually made it into BFE besides some military vehicles, base assets and the character models in the intro.
Most was made exclusively for Sam.

Attached: 1179243074.jpg (740x462, 300.49K)

Hmm I see why you had to narrow it down to FIRST-person shooter

Attached: 2011 games.png (1069x1123, 118.01K)

it's incredible how you can call SS3 "magnificent" and Doom 2016 "tedious" with a straight face
as if SS3 isn't a complete fucking blight on that series, where the first 3 hours of the game suck shit because they drag out the "modern military shooter" joke for so long that it stop becoming a joke and actually is just the first act of the game
"players want interesting historical locations like we did in TFE and TSE? lets set the game in a middle eastern warzone, just like every other game being released nowadays, and make sure to make everything as washed out and bland looking as possible, we wouldn't want the players to see any colour, as it might remind them of when we used to make fun games!"

Nah, it's bad. It's not the worst FPS ever made, but it still sucks elephant dung.

That wasn't meant to be a joke to begin with.

Attached: making of.jpg (1276x2159, 625.53K)

implying the other serious sam games arent the same egyptian temple copy pasted for 15 hours of slog

Have you even played TSE or SS2? Lol

lmao moron, 7th gen was the last time we were getting proper, linear, narrative-centric, cinematic single player AAA shooters hand over fist. There's barely anything of the sort today. A decade ago was a veritable golden age of action games.

Yeah, you can MAYBE say Duke Nukem Forever is a better game than your average modern AAA open world shitfest; but it is in no way better than the average game from the time.

>"in order to accentuate the egyptian ruins and temples"
then that plan backfired horribly, because I literally ended up giving up on the game before any of that appeared
I remember:
>a shitty urban warzone
>an awful museum level where everything was pitch black and there were annoying bugs
>another shitty urban warzone
>fighting a biomech in some bland ruins that are basically just sandstone blocks placed haphazardly and with barely any design put into them
>fighting in a desert with a few more bland sandstone blocks around
then I just gave up because I wasn't having fun

>hasn't played TSE
>praises SS3
now it makes sense....

>Croteam's pitch for THE Doom 4, but Bethesda cucked the tiny slav team and went to slowly make their tedious first-person cinematic melee finisher instead.
Falseflagging schizo, plz

Didn't hate it. Was a bit dated, but maybe that was the point. All the journos hated it at the time but it wasn't that bad.
>FORK U

>A decade ago was a veritable golden age of action games.
Ah yes, DmC reboot, ninja gayden 3, shitty mgr and every fps being regenerating health 2 weapon limit shit. Truly a golden age for action games

kys randy

Attached: DukeForever 2016-05-01 19-55-24-63.jpg (1920x1080, 247.37K)

>golden 1911 instead of golden Desert Eagle
0/10, shit cover, would not buy

>Portal 2
ewww

not gonna defend his shit opinion, but he's not wrong about SS3 starting out as a pitch from Croteam to id about working on Doom 4, this is why SS3 introduces enemies that are clearly just knock-off Mancubi, Barons of Hell, Zombiemen, Cyberdemons, etc

Attached: BWPewPZGJmUl6FFpwJdttULUadbwNRGGDf8V6zhsKuc.jpg (1357x3061, 861.53K)

DmC was great, Ninja Gaiden was never good, and
>regenerating health 2 weapon limit shit.
Who gives a fuck, are you autistic?

wrong, it was objectively bad

>DmC was great,
Gotcha, retard
>regenerating health is ok
Now that's a shit taste

I don't think we will ever have another good Duke Nukem since the ps1 games.

So you ARE autistic, good to know.

the golden desert eagle for Duke is a kind of mandela effect, the only time he used that was in 3rd-party licensed games from other developers, starting with Time To Kill (but it wasn't golden there, just normal gunmetal silver)
it can be seen in the 2001 gameplay trailer, but that's the only time it was ever "canon"

>DmC was great
Hang yourself

Attached: dmc vergil.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>eats shit for granted
>You are autistic huehue
I accept your concession.