2022... I am forgotten

2022... I am forgotten...

Attached: sf6 logo.jpg (1723x1289, 86.65K)

not really much left to be said at this point

That's true, but at the same time one would expect lots of SF6 talks all over the internet, even if it's just wishlists and the likes. Did SFV really leave such a bad taste in people's mouths?

>Did SFV really leave such a bad taste in people's mouths?

personally yes, and i know i'm not alone in that sentiment. the game seems to have gotten better in recent years but the damage had already been done for me. fighting game devs seem to be stuck in the past, and as much as it pains me to say i hope the league of legends fighting game comes along and sells like hot cakes to give these fuckers a wake up call.

Not really as all info that has been given is that it is being made and more info will come this summer
rumour is it will be shown at the PS event on thursday

I hope Project L will bring a shitton of new players so my dead anime kusoges won't be as dead as they are.

>I hope Project L will bring a shitton of new players
Game will be DoA in the FGC sense
Too casualized.
Motion inputs are needed to keep skill barriers and project L are trying to rid that barrier obviously not understanding it is need. As well as fighting games live and breathe on consoles.
While there will most likely be a large LOL fanbase who will play it on PC as they will suck anything from riots teets but with the FGC it will die fast.

As a keyboard player I don't mind them simplifying motion inputs. Though I love doing quarter circles and DP motions

fighting games is a dying genre overall. Its just reality.
Not everyone has the mental capacity or time to learn things.

>keyboard player
you could probably play this on keyboard desu
Thing is though motion inputs, tricky frame links and fundamentals etc this is in of itself what creates the skill gap in fighting games, Project L are trying to get rid of all this and make it casualized. They say they want to keep the skill game but without difficult inputs it will be impossible.
imo DBFZ has the most noob friendly inputs atm but it still has high skill gap because actually doing max damage requires actual high inputs where the noob friendly crap is just auto combos.
Project L are trying to get rid of the entire input "issue" (they call it) that creates barriers for noobs but what they are doing is killing the gap and that in turn will ruin the game for the actual FGC
If anything LOL players who get into Project L and like it will most likely skip to more difficult games like SF

I will eat my words if project L becomes a high skill highly played FGC game but I have been playing fightan since the 80s/90s and I know just from seeing the basics of what they are trying to do that the game will die fast.

Anyway the game should be getting close to being fully shown off soon so maybe we will see it at evo
SF6 will either be at that PS thing next week or evo.

fighting games are more popular than ever

if you wipe 90's and late 00's/early 10's out of history, sure

It's just way too early. Plus, people are still occupied with SFV.

no. there are more tournaments with more player entries and games with bigger casual playerbases than ever before.

No he's right, but only in the West, Asian sales for fighting games are on the decline with more people choosing to play F2P multiplayer games now like Apex and Valorant.

Mo he is right fightan is more popular than ever except maybe the post SF2 clone game era where there were countless fighting games being made.
EVO is bigger than ever, there are shit loads of online and offline tourney all over the world, MK and SF are selling better than ever smash and games like DBFZ are huge, Tekken 7 is biggest selling tekken
FGC is huge

Yes 5 was fucking terrible. My stick wouldn't even work and it's not like it was anything special!

>are still occupied with SFV
I would say as a SF player SF fans are really waiting for SF6
Last SF patch kind of nerfed S tiers and the game is in one of the most balanced places it has ever been but it has become stale we need a new game

asians like to play league, valorant or any F2P game.
I only have one friend that i know who plays fighting games but he stopped because theres no one to play with in our country.

5 was popular because of 4. 6 will not be popular.

where did you even get the "EVO is bigger than ever" part? in what universe dbfz is still huge?
sales literally don't matter, lots of people buy these games but barely any stay, the game communities before 2018-19 used to be a lot larger.

what a shit logo

As long as my wives are there

Attached: happycouple.jpg (2160x3840, 913.19K)