Paradox dev here...

Paradox dev here. Just warning you guys that higher ups are cracking down HARD on creamapi and some lower level guys have begun working on anti cheat style software that will ban you from all paradox games if you use it.

Attached: stellaris.jpg (1920x1080, 271.59K)

its impossible to detect cream API as its just steam working as intended, the only way would be constant internet connection and checking if your paradox account or whatever does actually own it based on the paradox database

Is Stellaris worth pirating?

Ill mail a pipebomb to your fucking offices if you do

only if you can figure out a way to add the mod gigastructural engineering/ stellaris is shit vanilla

>ban you from all paradox games
Thank fuck sweet freedom.
Implying I won't just move to a full pirated copy. I'm here forever.

Thats not what they are going to implement. They are planning to create a logging system that essentailly records every action you take, and then flag which DLCs you are using based on which actions you take. For example, if you make a choice in an event that is DLC only, the log will mark you as using that DLC.
The next time you go online, the game will then check what you should have access to and compare it to what you actually did. If there is a discrepancy it will ban you from ALL paradox games.
Obviously this only works if you choose to go online, but the advantage is that you only have to go online once by mistake or otherwise and then you are done.

Of course

Paradox interactive has been killing their franchises and studios alot these last years
Are the trannies to blame ?

>ban you from ALL paradox games
So what. No multiplayer?

I buy the base and some DLCs, with this, I won't buy anything.

Go ahead nobody is willing to waste money on a billion DLCs just have the full experience

Its a free market bozo

It will do the check when you open the launcher and again when the game executable itself launches. If you have an internet connection it will always make this check. Again the only way around it will be to play with your internet completely disconnected.
Thats the higher ups for you. Not even the people implementing it want to

Piratepoors can't stop losing

Will this impact me if the people I'm playing with are pirating? I think I'm the only person who buys paradox DLC but I'll probably stop if this happens

I am not sure but I am guessing they don't want to impact legit players who may not even know who owns what so I doubt you would be impacted

This still seems like a horribly bad idea that will tank review scores and sales

They can already tell if your using it, when i play there was a symbol on the launcher next to launching the game that said not to steam the game because it detected the dlc.
They already know how to know, if they wanted to ban people they can already.

Not to stream the game*

Implying that consuming retards will care about that kind of shit
Do paradox games even have some kind of valuable online feature
I just know of cities skylines because of the workshop, well, workshop is valuable in pretty much any game with one, really

Why would they care if a pirate streams lol

I stopped playing about 2 or 3 updates ago, whichever one overhauled the edicts and the resources it used or whatever it was.

Only for a first playthrough
After that one don't bother anymore. Same shit every time.

I don't play online, so PDX can go suck a dick (ho wait they already do, on a regular basis).