Dark Souls III

let's have a DS thread

im starting my new playthrough in DS3 for the first time with DLCs, what build should i go with?
also are they gonna fix the servers after releasing DLC to Elden Ring?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 81.74K)

Figure out your own build dumbfuck are you seriously so void of creativity and ability to experiment to figure things out on your own that you have to have your hand held over creating your own character in a fucking role playing game? This is why I hate zoomers

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without replaying the game again

Attached: ds3 is shit 15 roll spam lmao.webm (670x376, 2.94M)

Play Champion's Ashes before they fix the servers

Attached: Dark Souls 3 Lothric Champion.jpg (1920x1080, 217.29K)

>what build should i go with?
STR/FTH with caestus for non stop Perserverance boxing alternating with big shield and sword
Really versatile playthrough
>also are they gonna fix the servers after releasing DLC to Elden Ring?
Apparently yeah

Attached: Dark Souls 3 end.jpg (1920x1080, 271.88K)

God Midir is so fucking cool

I'm doing a str/fth run right now with a blessed Dragonslayer Axe. Building up the str for Mourne's great hammer. Kind of sucks that holy isn't a separate damage type.

Real niggas enjoy both ds2 and ds3

Quality. You will NOT level Faith or Intelligence. You WILL rely on conventional weapons.

Attached: quality.jpg (522x587, 21.44K)

It's a good loadout but I would rush the dlcs before Cathedral of the Deep and get the top tier miracles
You get Lightning bow, Sacred Oath, and maybe force miracles and you have a quite powerful and versatile loadouts
Sacred Oath plus Perserverance/War Cry makes absorption based hyperarmor moves and attacks really good in the sense that timing heavy attacks can make you trade with most bosses even

Attached: Lightning Arrow - DS3.jpg (750x422, 74.28K)

>DS3 PVP soon restored
We are coming back bros... we are coming back...

Attached: Hollow DS3.jpg (609x609, 63.3K)

I found faith to be pretty fun, and it isn't as dogshit as magic, so maybe try that?
I also liked to do Hollowing/Luck builds, but that might be a bit boring maybe.

>and it isn't as dogshit as magic
>sorcery
>bad
The redpill is that literally no build in DS3 is bad except LCK

>magic is bad
>try hollowing/luck
Are you sure you played the same game?

Attached: Yuito what.jpg (1080x1322, 211.24K)

Start with knight, boost stamina and health only until you get the stone parma and can start investing in strength. At which point you pivot your raw longsword to a heavy longsword. Boost to 40 when you get greatshield of glory, then finish health/stam and the rest of your points can go in vitality to equip cooler looking armor (even though knight chest is like top 3 in the game). Ez game.

Give me the rundown for luck. I never tried it ever and I assumed that I just missed out on it being a hidden secretly strong build because Arcane was stupid in Elden.

whats the deal with trees?

Attached: 20220528094056_1.jpg (1920x1080, 595.54K)

Luck was broken early on, From panicked and heavily nerfed it around Ashes of Ariandel I believe, status builds are now not that great
The rest of the builds are balanced except Pyromancer is a bit stronger

They are not trees, they are roots of Butterflies of humanity

Attached: ds3-pilgrim-butterfly.jpg (1260x890, 172.59K)

what

What am i looking at

Because as Dark becomes stronger and wilder hollows start transforming as it takes over their bodies, or explode more violently into pus of men
The pilgrims were chained to an heavy shell for this reason

Attached: Gundyr Pus.jpg (1950x1380, 294.53K)

spooky

Miyazaki's fixation for body horror
Darkness has roots within humans, and starts seeping out

Attached: Dragonslayerarmour4_pilgrimbutterfly_tc.jpg (1920x1080, 520.54K)

So it's not out of the question that Arcane will end up the same. Good to know. I'm glad Pyromancy held up at least since it's generally cool in each game it appears in and I've always enjoyed it being the weird magic school.

Not him but Pyro builds are good, but there's one particular spell which is exceptionally good, Chaos Bed Vestiges (forbidden sun from ds2). Everytime I play I rush to get it asap then if I have the fp I can melt anything, especially bosses.

Also recommend the Onyx Blade from AoA, a pyro claymore.